another portrait for critique

Cole_Alex said:
when you run your soft focus how are you doing it? I would recommend you create a new layer, then on the new layer apply the soft focus....

Bingo! I've been using the gaussian blur filter set at 2.3 thru 2.8 to soften the top layer. Be sure to use the eraser as a paint brush rather than block and choose a brush size that gives a nice, soft edge.

-Pete

well I think the softness is ok especially for the shot like this but I don't like the shadow on her face!!!

Thanks to everyone for replies, critiques and suggestions, I really appreciate them!

Cole, I've achieved the softness by a very similar method you've described. I've also done a lot of noise removing, color touch ups, and so on. This photo looks very very different from the original.

I completely agree with the shadow on the face. I havent noticed it when I was shooting, I'll pay closer attention next time though :)

I should also invest into proper lighting. Table lamps dont really cut it :(

Thanks again to everyone!

Anton

I just want to also let you know that I think you are doing great....you are defenatly heading in the right direction. The posing looks good and comfortable to me and with a bit better light placement I think it would be a very nice pic. I know what you mean about posted pics not showing the prints accuratly. I am dissapointed myself at times with this...but it's the way it is. Keep up the good work and have fun.

Alex

Thanks, Alex, for encouragement! I appreciate it very much! :)

I've printed this photo out on Saturday to hang it up on the wall. The print is 11 inches by 14 inches - looks very good to me!

Anton

Most reactions

New Topics

Back