Another Problem for the Car Photographer.

Xmetal

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
photobucket.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've encountered a problem with one of the styles of photography i've been doing and it's annoying because it limits me to only shooting late in the afternoon because the light levels are just right but then my second problem arrises, When the light levels are 'workable' i've only got around 20-30mins to pull off a shot.

So, how do I take photo's like this...
motion1.jpg

During the day? I'm guessing i'll have to use Filters but I haven't really done much homework on them. :oops:

Please Help.

If it's real, you'd need to be in a following car and both cars would need to be at a constant speed. That'll be hard. Other than that, a slow film and (possibly) an ND filter would be all you'd need.

Due to the reflections on the car, how well it is lit, the lack of white lines down to road and every house being identical I think that's a Photoshop job. The car was probably shot under controlled conditions on a rolling road or the wheel were edited in Photoshop to make it seem that were turning.

Believe it or not but ISO 100 and a small aperature (f/16-f/32 depending on light and desired blur factor) with a shutter of less than 1/90 or 1/60 should give you plenty of effect at a speed as low as 30-40mph. I think using ND and a wide f stop might blur the background too much and you would lose the speed effect.

This one is ISO 100 @f/22 1/20 f=28mm. A zoom would make it even easier to blur the background but vibration may become a real problem then. This is a panning shot but the same basic theory.

BTW they were whipping past at a whopping 26.5mph :lol:

blur0334.jpg

Something else I forgot to ask...

How many different types of filters are there and would there be a list of all the filters and what they do? :?

i've had a search around but haven't found a whole lot. :(

Most reactions

Back