Milky Way full arch pano

SquarePeg

hear me roar
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Super excited to have finally gotten a full Milky Way arch shot. We were just getting ready to call it a day, heading back to our car after shooting for over 2 hours when my friend Donna looked up behind us and said hey I think we could get the full arch if we hurry. Pulled my camera and tripod back out of the bag and set up as quickly as possible. This is a 16 shot vertical 2 row pano. Stitched together fairly smoothly in LRC. Edited in LRC and Topaz DeNoise.

Bodie Lighthouse Milky Way Arch by SharonCat..., on Flickr

And, as a bonus, after we shot the pano we decided to see if we could get a vertical of the lighthouse with the milky way lined up vertically beside it. Turned out to be my favorite shot of the night. This is one shot, not tracked or stacked, edited in LRC.

Bodie Light by SharonCat..., on Flickr

What a stunner!! Both are gorgeous. I'm sure that pano took some time.

The one and only time I was lucky enough to see a full arch view of the Milky Way was when I attended a lith photography/development workshop in Montana. It got black as pitch out there. It's really a sight to behold - you've captured it beautifully here.

wow really beautiful

OMG!!!!! I say this for all your photos, but wow, just wow. That first one is stunning. I love the colored light pollution by the barn.

What a stunner!! Both are gorgeous. I'm sure that pano took some time.

The one and only time I was lucky enough to see a full arch view of the Milky Way was when I attended a lith photography/development workshop in Montana. It got black as pitch out there. It's really a sight to behold - you've captured it beautifully here.
Thanks! This site was strange because the sky was very dark but the lighthouse beam had a weird pattern that took us a bit to figure out. 2 blinks, 2 seconds dark, 2 blinks, 14 seconds dark. And the foreground was lit up like Christmas - I did a lot of burning on that.
Outstanding work Squarepeg!
Thank you Pete!
Awesome! I Literally!
Thanks so much!
wow really beautiful
Thank you Lady!
OMG!!!!! I say this for all your photos, but wow, just wow. That first one is stunning. I love the colored light pollution by the barn.
Thanks Paige, I really appreciate the positive feedback. Some of my favorite MW photos are those with just enough light pollution to add a bit of warm color.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back