Another set of Europe photos. (Sorry they're late!)

mal

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.keeprolling.co.uk
Here's the second set of my photos from a recently completed 2 month trip around Europe. I was backpacking with my girlfriend and 2 friends from school. I came back with 2 512MB cards full of photos, so sorting through them has been a big job! You can check out the other set here:

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22864

These ones are more snapshot-ish (i.e. substance over style) than the other set, but even so, some critique would be appreciated.
BerlinZooboy.jpg

A lost boy at Berlin Zoo. (I did help him after I took the photo, although my broken German probably did more harm than good!)

Capoeiraflyingupsidedown.jpg

Another capoeira shot. I don't like this in B+W. Don't know what I was thinking.

Copenhagencouplelooking.jpg

At the art gallery in Copenhagen. Not the most effective presentation of artworks I've ever encountered.

Copenhagenmangledbikes.jpg

Mangled bikes in Geneva.

Copenhagenroad.jpg

Copenhagen at night, in fog.

FreibergJamiebytheriver.jpg

My friend Jamie relaxing on a bikeride in The Black Forest.

Macedoniakids.jpg

A group of boys in Macedonia. I took this out of the train window. It's probably my favourite photo from the trip.

Parispigeoneifel.jpg

The most bedraggled pigeon I've ever seen. I'll leave you to guess the location.

Parisportraitwoman.jpg

A portrait of a woman who draws portraits on Montmartre, Paris.

Passaumanlookingoutofwindow.jpg

A grumpy man who doesn't appreciate his beautiful house, Passau, Germany.

Romecamerawomen.jpg

Young women in Rome, as the new Pope was announced.

Sevilledepartures.jpg

A photo that I'd been obsessing over for the entire trip, which I finally managed to take in Seville, after spending 6 weeks going crazy every time we went past one of those ruffly departure boards.

BerlinZoogooseattack.jpg

Another unfortunate kid at Berlin Zoo, being molested by some rather aggressive geese. The noise of my shutter obviously irritated them, as the second I took this photo, they turned around and started chasing me!

Soo many excellent photographs! Beautiful work.

the more I look at the night shot the more I love it, almost reminds me of a butterfly.

Wow Mal, you have been on such an incredible trip. The places you've been to, cool! So many different places! You will be enjoying your photos forever after this! Especially so since they are all so good. They are a pleasure to look at.

Of the series in the first thread and this it is really hard to tell which one's my favourite. But after I've seen your second photo of persons shooting photos "into the wild" in Rome after the declaration on who is the new Pope, I must say the one in the first thread is much stronger than this one here. Though I still like this one, too. You must have looked like the odd one out, taking photos in the "wrong direction" ;).

That Copenhagen-in-the-fog one is great, but so are all the others.
I can place that bedraggled pigeon, by the way, I know where it is, I do :greenpbl:. Guess no one else does ;) ;) ;) .

And my! What happened to all those bicycles??? Did a truck run over them while they were parked somewhere?

And could it be there are a trifle too many pictures on the wall in the Copenhagen Art Gallery ;)?

LaFoto said:
And my! What happened to all those bicycles??? Did a truck run over them while they were parked somewhere?
Heh, it sure looks like it.. A very unpleasant group of bikes...

Especially the kid doing the robot! *_* Heh, but seriously, I wouldn't have the courage to go out into a place with lots of people and take pictures. *is afraid he might get slapped* ^_^;; I like more serene nature shots, anyway, though... They don't more, so it's easy for my camera to handle it... *needs a new camera*

Fantastic set for sure.

Although you're right about the ineffectiveness of the display, I like the art gallery shot most of all... followed closely by your friend Jamie, whom may hold the record for 'longest big-toe' ! lol... my cousin has the same thing.

i like the ones from the boys and on the most. and the copenhagen at night in fog one. those are just terrific!! i want to go to Europe now, very badly.

Great work. Too many good ones to pic a favorite.

Most reactions

Back