Another shot a Business Cards C+C

have some impact.

Having some impact is an absolute necessity if you use a BC as a marketing tool/advert. One of the best one I ever saw looked like it had been splattered with coffee and people couldn't help but pick it up to look more closely. It was funny to watch but, more importantly, more than half of these people put it in their pocket after realizing the splatters were part of the design.

wow this thread took off! haha. i did not expect 5 pages. I am open to and design ideas one my have for me. It says my photos aren't ok to edit, but even then, i'm usually ok with it.

The wedding card looks really good and I think works well. I just don't know what to do when I shoot portraits, music, automitive, commercial and possibly real estate in the future. (and street photography but thats more for fun than anything)

I guess I just wanted my card to be professional (not to say yours isnt) I dont know if i want to put my e-mail on it or not in fear of having a lot of info on there. It would kind of weed out the people who aren't serious by making go to my website to atleast see my work as well as be able to find my contact info. but i might put it on there

another go at it, did i do too much?

23m97pv.jpg

Last edited:
The polaroids are not bad that way but I prefer them as before.

The green must go.

Something bothers me about the lower case of this font. I don't know why exactly but I don't like it. No caps in the web address.

I prefer it without the green. Also, is there anyway you can simplify those polaroids by getting rid of the shading, or at least some of it? At first glance they appear very dark.

I would change it to PHOTOGRAPHY. If you want to stick with photographer you should make it the same size and font as the website.

to me, it just seems like EVERYONE is "first name, last name, photography" but i didnt want to pick a name or anything because I prefer people to have some connection with me (know my name) by looking at the card.

i guess im still torn. I apologize for making a billion variations of the same thing, i just want to get this as right as possible the first go lol

But Tyler Finley Photographer to me sounds incomplete or should be separated. Almost like first line is your name. Second line is your position.

I agree with schwetty. If you want to be known by name, then photographer is a title, and should be smaller.

I popped back over here because my web tracker keeps showing lots of web hits stemming from this thread, so I suppose the card inadvertantly served its purpose. I originally stopped by this forum looking for two things: 1) any actual empirical results from photographers using direct mail, and 2) information regarding potentially collaborative SEO opportunities for photography websites. Pardon me for not having read the posts to this thread since I was last here. While I am sure there are excellent photographers and professions in this forum, I did also notice an ample number of those with consumer DSLRs with kit lenses and websites on google page 30. Some opinions I orginally read here are respectable and defensible, even though I may not agree. And I actually am considering "modernizing" my website (which was designed as much to appeal to search engines as to customers), even though one of the "descriptions" was a term even Sarah Palin knows isn't actually a word. You're welcome to say as much or little as you wish about me, my card, and my website (although I hope you don't slow the server), but I am going back to work.

Oh wow, my head is spinning from "empirical results" and "potentially collaborative SEO opportunities for photography websites".

I went to you website and I agree it's a bit outdated. I haven't seen your business card. Could you share it?

I agree with schwetty. If you want to be known by name, then photographer is a title, and should be smaller.

I'm also concerned that people will type in "photography" and not "photographer".

Hmm I wish I still had my "Intro to geology text book". I sold it during my sophmore year. Colorado School of Mines produces a lot of geologists. Why do geologists grow their beard?

Hmm I wish I still had my "Intro to geology text book". I sold it during my sophmore year. Colorado School of Mines produces a lot of geologists. Why do geologists grow their beard?

Because they can?

totally new design. i like it. i think rounded corners would work well

2nrgf2a.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back