Another soccer photo

Sharkbait

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.whitesharkphoto.com
I'm a goalkeeper coach for the HS team my wife is the assistant coach for, and this is my prodigy. :D
(she's made the save, the ball is actually caroming out toward the camera)

10---2003-500_edited_RS.jpg

What a great action shot!
Really well captured.

I personally think it may be a little rough only seeing 2/3rds of the opponent. Your prodigy looks like she made a great save. I played soccer for years. During "soccer camp" the goalies were segregated from the other players. We would fight all the time, and they would continually kick our butts.

I like it. I'm a goalkeeper myself so I know the feeling. the look on her face is exactly what i've had on my face many times.

I shot up 2 rolls of Fuji 1600 at a soccer game tonight, most of that is of the goalkeepers. I'll have it developed and some pictures up on monday if I like any of them.

Spectre said:
I like it. I'm a goalkeeper myself so I know the feeling. the look on her face is exactly what i've had on my face many times.

I shot up 2 rolls of Fuji 1600 at a soccer game tonight, most of that is of the goalkeepers. I'll have it developed and some pictures up on monday if I like any of them.

Rock on, I'm a keeper too! :D I play indoor now that it's winter, and as soon as spring rolls around my wife and I will be playing in the adult outdoor league we've started. :-D

craig said:
I personally think it may be a little rough only seeing 2/3rds of the opponent. Your prodigy looks like she made a great save. I played soccer for years. During "soccer camp" the goalies were segregated from the other players. We would fight all the time, and they would continually kick our butts.

I agree, the one thing that bothers me about this shot is that cut-off offensive player. Just missed getting her in the frame. :|

We try and keep the keepers involved in regular practices as much as possible, but there's no denying us keepers are a different breed, that's for sure. We relish bruises and scrapes. Hell I even finished a match on a broken leg (didn't know it was broken at the time though). :D

Most reactions

Back