Another spooky one!

butterflygirl

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.photosbymcdonald.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here's a shot I did of my friend - she wanted to get a little crazy and convey a message of running from zombies or monsters. Think old scary movie.

Is it too much? What do you think? Opinions, suggestions?

And of course, I don't mean to offend anyone! :wink:

Thanks!

Mel1.jpg

that one is great! looks more like a real world image than the other so called spooky one.

easy to see the liquid is not blood, but i looks more like dirty water. however, that is fine for the image!

DOF nicely chosen, focus spot on. nice tight crop giving it a dramatic feel.

great expression in her face ... can I hire her? :)

I'd like to see more perspective in this one. This looks like it was taken with a 135mmish lens, so the DOF is compressed, I think something along the lines of a 28mm, off to the side with a tilt so it would be more dynamic and you would be able to identify the gun easier.

be more dynamic and you would be able to identify the gun easier.

well, if identifying the gun is important ;)

I know what you mean by using wide angle, that would make it more pronounced .... but it might lose this real-life feeling which is there in the image now.

I'd like to see more perspective in this one. This looks like it was taken with a 135mmish lens, so the DOF is compressed, I think something along the lines of a 28mm, off to the side with a tilt so it would be more dynamic and you would be able to identify the gun easier.

I was actually concerned about not being able to ID the gun, but I liked the way it looked out of focus and put more focus on her expression - I could definitely try it though with a wide angle. Thanks for the suggestion!

why must we always shoot zombies. zombies are people too. by the way that is an awesome picture.

I like this, a lot.

Speaking of zombies, have you seen 28 Weeks Later? :)

No I haven't seen that movie! I'll have to pick it up. I was just thinking of all the Night of the Living Dead movies that uses to scare the bagizes (sp?) out of me when I was a little kid. Now they're pretty humorous :lmao: We really had a lot of fun with this shot!

I rather like it :)

IMHO (and humble it is!) I recon you could have got away with MORE blood as it's a mono. Good stuff tho :)

EDIT: Oh yeah, one more thing, i think the blood shot be a bit darker too.

Only if you're paying! :lmao:

Can I come too?

Errm, I thought you would feel honoured so much by me taking pictures of you that you both pay for the flight yourself :p

Hmm, if not, I have to rethink my concept ..what if you travelled with UPS.. I could pay for that... just get a big box ;)

Because of the color, the DOF, and the tightness of the shot, this photo feels like a Tarantino-like portrait. Man, I wish I had an dSLR.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back