Another tree texture fan/Please critique

bullykai

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I saw one post like this and had taken a photo this morning. I like the texture and style of trees.

How is this one? It is in the raw absolutly no editing.

HPIM0344.jpg

It looks blown out on the right side, and you can fix that from the raw file. It does have good textures, but i'm also not diggin' the crease on the left. It needs to be in B&W or super saturated color to really see the texture.

This is what I mean (for the exception of the blown out highlights):

hpim0344di0.jpg

B&W forces you to look at light and texture, color distracts from that.

I like the edit better. Has more of an abstract quality. Too bad about the right side.

Tree texture.... I'm with ya!

I'd be tempted to go in much closer - sort of the 2nd 5th from the right and centre third vertically - make sense? There's an interesting bit of bark there, but youre much too far back from it.

>;o))

How is this one?

I'm afraid that, upon closer thought, this question is more one to be asked in our galleries and not so much in Photo Critique, so I moved the thread to Landscape and Nature.

Tree barks are interesting subjects, but I fear you overexposed this one, though if this is RAW, you can always go and change exposure (within limits but you can).

I quite like Sw1tchFX's edit into black and white, it sure enhances the texture, and that is what you went for, right?

I remember this one! I think some more contrast to make the bark more white instead of grey would help. In my black and whites (except for most HDR black and whites) I like to have pure white and pure black in there somewhere without blowing anything out.

yes. Like that, or like the edit I did in your previous post. I just think it makes the texture more graphic.

Very close I think. There are a couple of bits top right that have gone a little too far and have lost detail as a result. Looking at the original, I think it's there to be had, but I'm not well enough up on Photoshop (or whatever) to tell you how you'd get it back.

>;o))

Among our forum rules and regulations there is one that reads:

* Spamming is not tolerated. Do not cross-post messages in multiple forums in an effort to gain attention. Furthermore, should it be obvious by your signature or posting style that you are here only to promote your business or product, you may receive a warning or possibly be banned. It is permissible for active, involved members to post links to their personal or business web sites.

I highlighted the important part for you, bullykai.

You have posted the same post twice which I merged the two threads into one and have it all placed in Landscape and Nature.

Once again I must underline that short requests such as "How do you like?" or "Please critique" are too "thin" for Photo Critique, which is a very special forum (see subtitle on Photo Critique Index Page).

My appoligies, Im not doing it to get attention what so ever. I am a beginner in Photography and this forum I couldnt find the last post until now as it was moved.:sexywink:

Most reactions

Back