Another Up Grade Question. D7000-D7100

TheLost, the D7100 has already dropped from about $1100/1200 to $999. When the D7100 came out, the D7000 dropped to that price as well, and the used D7000 being about $700 to $800. So, I assume this should be about the same case with the D7200 being at most around $1400 at or near release. That being if they raise the price and specs a little bit.

If they try to compete with the 7D and raise the specs to match it, it will be more.

I dont expect the D7200 to cost 1400$, the D7100 was around 1200$ and I think so was the D7000. I am assuming the price will stay about the same.

I have the 7100 and couldn't be happier with it. IMO, it comes down to how much are you willing to spend? As of right now, if you are trying to budget, the D7100 would probably be the best option as the price you pay for what you get is amazing.

I dont expect the D7200 to cost 1400$, the D7100 was around 1200$ and I think so was the D7000. I am assuming the price will stay about the same.

I hope it stays about the same. I just hope they don't up the price like the Canon 7D mk2. Otherwise they will cut out a big portion of the sales for that model, creating a large gap between the D7200 and the D5500. But who knows, maybe it will be in their plans to push more people to the D610?

I hope it stays about the same. I just hope they don't up the price like the Canon 7D mk2. Otherwise they will cut out a big portion of the sales for that model, creating a large gap between the D7200 and the D5500. But who knows, maybe it will be in their plans to push more people to the D610?
Well from looking at Nikons heavy investment in FX bodies I think its a safe bet to say they rather have people buy FX then DX.
So I dont think they will put too many goodies into the D7200, I think they will just put the Expeed 4 in it, give it better low light performance, bigger buffer, maybe better AF system and a body closer to the D750.
All in all I dont expect a big jump from the D7100 just the usual gradual improvement.

more profit in a FX body.
Just like every car maker would prefer that you bought one of their BIG super duty pickup trucks than the basic model 4 door high mileage car $14k. But they still make that small car even though it's less profitable than the big truck that brings in $10k of profit.

The issue is for manufacturers of nearly anything .. how to get consumers to stop buying the lower cost stuff that brings them lower profits and get them to buy the super expensive stuff that they cannot afford that brings the companies higher profits without lowering sales quanities!!

yeah, just put it on the credit card or mortgage equity loan !!

My first question would be "What are your AF settings currently at?". This is a HUGE variable in the situation.

The real question is... How much will D7100 and D7000 prices drop when the D7200 comes out? And how much will the D7200 cost? :)

This is what I was going to say. If you dont need the latest and greatest, the D7100 should have a price drop soon, when the D7200 is released.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back