Another way my photos are being used commercially....

Jeepnut28

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I did do any of the design work, but all of the shots used are mine.....

I have decided to use my Flickr account to promote my commercial work, and I will use my website to promote my art and wedding stuff....thoughts?

320530065_8e63e73304.jpg

if your looking to do web promotion you will be far better off with somthing like myspace rather than flickr.

1st, myspace has become pretty accepted, and isn't necessarily as unprofessional as those kind of things once were. plus its a lot easier to get the right people to see your work with the spam tools they have.

otherwise buy a domain, really you would be doing the best with a website + myspace. web promotion is difficult, a lot of branding is involved and tons and tons of time.

who are you trying to market to? if its local people, then flickr is fine, bc you'll prolly be doing more in person/paper promoting.

lastly, if that isn't your design work then do you really want to show it off? its more design work than photography, and you might be misrepresenting yourself.

newrmdmike said:
if your looking to do web promotion you will be far better off with somthing like myspace rather than flickr.

1st, myspace has become pretty accepted, and isn't necessarily as unprofessional as those kind of things once were. plus its a lot easier to get the right people to see your work with the spam tools they have.

otherwise buy a domain, really you would be doing the best with a website + myspace. web promotion is difficult, a lot of branding is involved and tons and tons of time.

who are you trying to market to? if its local people, then flickr is fine, bc you'll prolly be doing more in person/paper promoting.

lastly, if that isn't your design work then do you really want to show it off? its more design work than photography, and you might be misrepresenting yourself.

I dont see how I am misrepresnting myself showing the designs that my photography is used in......I mainly promote myself within the advertising community here in Albuquerque.....dont you think advertising people would rather want to see the final product?

Why not have everything on your website? I think clients need one stop shopping. Consider that clients will soon be searching for photographers on their Blackberry phones or whatever.

newrmdmike brings up a good point. Clients are hiring you for the photography. Not the finished product. Certainly good to prove that your work made it to print, but that is about as far as it should go.

i have to disagree with craig, while clients do want one stop shopping he isn't marketing to the same people who would be hiring him for weddings. so having a seperate site entirly would cator even more to one stop shopping.

all the pro's i know use multiple sites for different avenues.

newrmdmike said:
i have to disagree with craig, while clients do want one stop shopping he isn't marketing to the same people who would be hiring him for weddings. so having a seperate site entirly would cator even more to one stop shopping.

all the pro's i know use multiple sites for different avenues.

zackly!

fmw said:
Women's football? Sorry, that one just got to me.

who would have thunk it......

these chicks are some big girls too......they hit hard.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back