Another wedding post!

Remember... ISO3200 that is 1 stop underexposed is more grainy than ISO6400 that is exposed right. If your subject does not move a whole lot, dont be afraid to shoot at 1/30 or 1/15 of a sec. Brace the camera against a wall, chair, pole or anything you can find to minimize camera shake.

This is when an expensive lens come to play. 35L shot wide open (1.4) is pretty darn sharp. I personally would shoot that 50mm 1.8 wide open... not sure how sharp it is but for that situation I want all the light I can get.

For some reason it won't let me upload a previous picture from a family members wedding. They had an outdoor wedding, but the pictures were super grainy. I am going to see if I can get it on here so you know what I am talking about. Anyway.. thanks for all the advice! very helpful!

It was probably super grainy because your exposure was way off

So what settings would you have used for the shot I had?

Thanks! That is a huge problem of mine.. I really hate to go below 1/50th hand held. I sike myself out!

Thanks! That is a huge problem of mine.. I really hate to go below 1/50th hand held. I sike myself out!

I have shot 135mm 1/30. Go try it. Go to a corner of a wall, grab that wall with your left hand, rest the lens on the top base of your thumb, use super low shutter.

okay will do!! OHH I just looked at Courtney and Landons photos!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the silhouettes sooo much! Here is one a friend of mine took of ours.. (Balysephotography) I like how you can catch the dust particles and it really just freezes that moment! I want to learn how to do that! Will be added to my list of things to learn/do!

Ahem!

Last edited by a moderator:

Most reactions

Back