Ansel Adams Exhibition

jophassa

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hey there....not sure if this is the right place for this thread but hey, here goes....

I went to an exhibition of the photographer ansel adams' work today in edinburgh...and it was really quite amazing.

Is any one else familiar with his stuff?

Jophassa - I moved this thread to a more appropriate forum, where you will get more views.

I saw an AA exhibit about 2-3 years ago, and was humbled and smitten all at once. Until you look at it live, you may wonder what all the fuss is about. ;)

Beautiful work - seeing is believing!

I have never seen any of his work personally except for the thousands of reproductions I have in his literary works. You name it and I probably have it if he wrote it. He has been such an inspiration to my photography and also a 'teacher' if you will. Though I have never met him, I have learn more from studying his writings and findings than from ANY other source. And my photographic Bible is 'The Negative' with Chapter 4 being his John 3:16.

I'm going to be in Yosemite in just over a week and plan on visiting the Ansel Adams Gallery there. I am really looking forward to it. I'm glad to hear that they are taking his photography on tour for the rest of the world to see.

At first I was overwhelmed and later overcome. Ansel Adams is near the top of my short list.

I saw the exhibition when it was in Toronto a little over a year ago. Quite something to see the actual pics, and to think how (at least in the early part of his career) he used to hike great distances lugging his photographic equipment.

I think I am like the thousands of others out there who has seen the countless reproductions of his work, but none of the actual pieces. I can imagine that would be wonderful.

Most reactions

Back