Antelope Valley Poppy Reserve

Seefutlung

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.garyayala.smugmug.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Antelope Valley, on the edge of the desert in northern Los Angeles County, is the Poppy Reserve.

285329611_L3Qaz-L.jpg

over processed for a different look

285314439_BWTV6-L.jpg

285315961_Lw8nP-L.jpg

285314725_SRqj6-L.jpg

285315814_GLFro-L.jpg

Full galley is here:

http://garyayala.smugmug.com/gallery/4802601_kDQha#285329611_L3Qaz

Gary

Great great pics. I absolutely love poppies. :)

In any case, the last one is my fav.

Wish I could shoot there, too.

Nice shots. Glad to see you went out there. It looks like the bloom got better in the last couple weeks.

Gorgeous spot!! Photo 5 is my fave too...the poppies are so vibrant they look like they're on fire.

Gorgeous spot!! Photo 5 is my fave too...the poppies are so vibrant they look like they're on fire.

I went for back lighting ... which decreases detail but increases the color ... it was pretty cool that day so the poppies were reluctant to open ... when their petals overlapped it created the deep orange-red color.

285317525_HZj8T-L.jpg

Very cool. Did you take any macro shots?

Very cool. Did you take any macro shots?

Nope no macros ... the wind made macro photography impractical ... unless you really wanted to work very hard ... and I'm much too lazy for that. I have some poppies in my backyard for macros ... much easier to shoot and get to (AV is about and hour ana half drive).

Gary

Eye-Popping color. Very nice.

Thanks, no saturation was added, but I did boost the contrast ... thinking about re-processing some of them to "dull" them up ... make them be what most people deem as real ... just realized I shot with a CP that day ... that may have contributed to the color "pop".

Gary

Most reactions

Back