Anti Virus programs

AVG and Spybot Search and destroy for protection

Registry mecanics

I am using MS Security Essentials. And I am running Untangle as my home router to protect all devices that goes to the internet and it is a UTM (Unified Thread Management) gateway. (The free open source version)

and make sure you use ZoneAlarm firewall (free) to make sure you are safe from the interwebs.

As a computer tech i have just about tried them all, i have found avast to be the best and its free. Most of the others are either bloated or just don't catch them all. Avast catches trojans, worms, adware, scripts, and many more.

As a computer tech i have just about tried them all, i have found avast to be the best and its free. Most of the others are either bloated or just don't catch them all. Avast catches trojans, worms, adware, scripts, and many more.

The good thing about Spybot search and destoy. It "immunize" you system by modifying your host files by adding entries in it.

malwarebytes is also one of the best malware and spyware cleaner on the market. I got some crap couple months ago and the only thing that cleaned it was malwarebytes.

Agreed Malwarebytes is good for tidy up, but haven't needed it since i got MSE.
My brother and a friend got hit with very similar virus, AVG didnt even flag it. It then corrupted AVG, but MSE cleaned it up.

ESET NOD 32. I've been using it for years and never had a problem.

Currently I am using McAfee anti virus program, Its really very nice and much comfortable then others. Great for security and best for data protect. I used this from last two years and never face any types of virus problem in my system.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back