Anton Corbijn - you all know his work but not name

Floyd

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Well yes, Anton Corbijn is a photographer I think from the Netherlands (unsure) he took all the iconic shots of Joy Division, the cover for The Joshua Tree by U2, the video to Heart Shaped Box by Nirvana, the video to Liar by Henry Rollins... the list goes on.

He's been a long term collaborator namely with Tom Waits and U2, he's from the same stylistic school as Helmut Newton and Herb Ritts. He's also recently put out a book of self portraits dressed//posed as dead rock icons and the way he shot/would of shot them with himself as the model.

He's a really interesting guy and about as good as it gets in commercial photography on par with great technical artists like Lillian Basman or Horst P. Horst though stylistically nothing like them.

I've recently taken him on as a stronger influence because I've always tended to be fairly Trent Parke or German Expressionism, but I really am trying to up my technical skills so I'm tending to do stuff more like Corbijn and hopefully blend it into my own style.

The guy is insane for reflective surfaces, flash and perfect clarity I think he only shoots Hasselblad.

Anyway here's a link to his work:

http://www.lipanjepuntin.com/opera.php?id_autore=30&id_opera=291

It's great that the forum has finally got a place to discuss photographers it makes it a lot less self-centred.

Great link, thanks Floyd. That's probably the best sampling I've seen of his work. :thumbup:

I like his lithprints the best. Some of them are visually stunning.

Most reactions

Back