Any advice for a newbie?

Hi Alisha,
welcome to the photo forum!
Can you please share some of the best photographs captured by you?

I think the best place to start is looking into ISO, Shutter speed and Aperture. do some research about those and learn how to use them.

I would say, keep everything on your camera automatic and do 1 thing manual at a time.

Did you happen to read about Rule of Thirds?

Practice, practice, practice. Also, learn to "see as a photographer." Notice things near / about your subject...like lamp posts apparently growing out of their heads, and recompose to eliminate such. Is your subject smiling? Is there food stuck between her teeth? Are there shadows where there should be light?

Hi, Alisha. I am also a newbie like you. I like to take a camera to shoot my city and my friends. In my opinion, the night the city is much better than in the daytime. I often read some books about photography, he will teach I have some tips, you can also take a look.

Hi,

My name is Alisha and I recently got back into photography and I never knew there were so many tricks and angles. If anyone could share some wisdom and any tips to help me, that would be wonderful. Thank you.

Find a book about photography from any one of the many good writers out there. Read about how to use the camera in general, i.e., the difference between aperture and shutter and when to use each. Read up on ISO. Experiment. Take many photos as you experiment. The single most important thing, while doing all of the above, I believe, is to focus (no pun actually intended) on a single component or technique as you learn. For example, tell yourself that "today I am going to use all of the apertures on my camera to see what they do and how it affects my shot." Do this for every aspect of photography. You will grow rapidly in the craft if you do what I have suggested.

Hi,

My name is Alisha and I recently got back into photography and I never knew there were so many tricks and angles. If anyone could share some wisdom and any tips to help me, that would be wonderful. Thank you.
Best advice I can give is to not get caught up in the equipment. Start and stick with the basic kit and learn everything about how to make great pictures with it. When and only when you feel limited by your present kit should you think about upgrading.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back