ANY CHANCE OF EDITING BLURRY PHOTOS?

lrwinter1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am a BIG time rookie - with a fierce desire to learn! I have a Canon T3i Rebel with standard 18-55mm lens that came with camera. I TRIED to take some photos at a friend's small wedding and many of them are blurry. Can they be edited? I did take most of them in RAW format. I have Abode Lightroom 4.2 software. I am just wondering if editing is possible?

blurry photos are blurry photos. You can edit them all day and in the end they will still be blurry photos. Hope you werent the only photographer.

Sure you can edit blurry photos!

You'll just end up with blurry photos with nice saturation, superb contrast, proper composition and level horizons.

Depending on how blurry they are: probably not.
You can only 'fix' small amounts of blur, whenever significant amounts of blur come in to play there's no way to really save the image I'm afraid.

they can be edited but it is unlikely that the blur can be fixed.
In this situation, it is almost certainly motion blur caused by too slow a shutter speed because your lens didn't have a wide enough aperture to shoot at a faster shutter speed or you shot at too low an ISO - or both.
Also possible, but less likely if it happened all the time, is Out of Focus blur caused by not getting the camera to focus on your subject.

this is an unfortunate but all too typical result of big-time-rookie and difficult situation with inadequate equipment for the task.

How blurry? Like super blurry or not perfectly tack sharp? For personal photos I don't mind a bit soft sometimes because if I'm only going to print a 5x7 or something smaller it will still look ok, for me at least.

To be fair, the OP never said they were THE wedding photographer but taking some pictures at a friends small wedding.

Thanks, Jake....you are right. I was not THE photographer. That would've been pretty lame of me since I don't know much about my camera yet. And I don't know much about Lightroom YET either. I was just taking pictures for practice. I am not sure if I am describing pictures correctly. They are not blurred like a motion blur.....more like they are not in focus. I'd be willing to upload one so everyone could give me some more valuable input.

Thanks, Jake....you are right. I was not THE photographer. That would've been pretty lame of me since I don't know much about my camera yet. And I don't know much about Lightroom YET either. I was just taking pictures for practice. I am not sure if I am describing pictures correctly. They are not blurred like a motion blur.....more like they are not in focus. I'd be willing to upload one so everyone could give me some more valuable input.

no you cannot fix an out of focus or blurry photo. You can try to sharpen and reduce noise to see if it helps a little.

If you want to change the focus of a photo in post then your going to need to shoot with a Lytro camera.

Instead of trying to salvage lost shots, put the effort into learning how to use the camera correctly to begin with.

make that picture a style, an art of keep if for distorting and using it in composites

Most reactions

Back