Any construction workers out there

Battou

TPF junkie!
Reaction score
Website
www.photo-lucidity.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have been doing some website work for a large Canadian equipment supplier. However the clients have a tendancy to be rather vague in instructions and information, Not only do they expect us to know how to format things the way they want it with out being told but they expect us to be able to decypher the equipment list.

Now some of the equipment I actually can decypher from the way they gave it to me due to my experiance in the body shop, but not all the equipment is of this nature. The way was in list form on a PDF, but there are occations where equipment is documented in a manor where it is all separate when it is all a part of the same equipment

for example as it was given
WRENCH, AIR IMPACT 1/2”
WRENCH, AIR IMPACT 3/4”
WRENCH, AIR IMPACT 1”
WRENCH, AIR IMPACT 1½”
SOCKETS - IMPACT 1/2” DRIVE
3/8” - 1¼”
SOCKETS - IMPACT 3/4” DRIVE
9/16” - 1½”
1 9/16” - 2 3/8”
SOCKETS - IMPACT 1” DRIVE
3/4” - 1 15/16”
2” - 2 7/8”
3” - 3¼”
3 3/8” - 3 5/8”
SOCKETS - IMPACT 1½” DRIVE
1 5/16” - 2”
2 1/16” - 3”
3 1/16” - 4”

how they want it (more or less)
WRENCH, AIR IMPACT 1/2”

WRENCH, AIR IMPACT 3/4”

WRENCH, AIR IMPACT 1”

WRENCH, AIR IMPACT 1½”

SOCKETS - IMPACT 1/2” DRIVE
3/8” - 1¼”

SOCKETS - IMPACT 3/4” DRIVE
9/16” - 1½”
1 9/16” - 2 3/8”

SOCKETS - IMPACT 1” DRIVE
3/4” - 1 15/16”
2” - 2 7/8”
3” - 3¼”
3 3/8” - 3 5/8”

SOCKETS - IMPACT 1½” DRIVE
1 5/16” - 2”
2 1/16” - 3”
3 1/16” - 4”

Now I need help trying to figure out what one of these peices of equipment is

COPUS BLOWER AIR
COPUS BLOWER ELECTRIC
COPUS BLOWER
EXPLOSION PROOF
COLLAPSIBLE DUCTING 10” x 12’

Explosion proof what? Copus blower or collapsable ducting?

Any one here know?

copus blower, air; copus blower, electric; copus blower, explosion proof.

copus blower, air; copus blower, electric; copus blower, explosion proof.

Yeah, I've got that. When I came acrossed it I was sitting there thinking the blower given the other two, but then I got to thinking explosion proof collapsable ducting made some semblence of sense too. The directions sheets I was given is riddled with errors like this I had to make sure.

"Explosion Proof" will usually be an electrically powered device, for use in a combustible atmosphere.

"Explosion Proof" will usually be an electrically powered device, for use in a combustible atmosphere.

Ok, I see. Having worked in a combustible atmosphere with hazordous and/or highly flammable materials the words "Explosion Proof" just seemed not right to me, all of our blowers and the like are all external and separated from the shop. This seems like something for use when it can not be isolated like that. Makes sense.

I figured it was the ducting--perhaps for venting combustible vapors that blow. I've never heard of an explosion proof blower.

Yup, explosion proof is equipment that is sealed so that none of the electrical components come into direct contact with flammable gasses. There are codes and specs for this type of equipment. A lot of stuff in the Oil & Gas industry is 'Class 1, Div. 2'

The collapsible ducting might be something like a product that my company sells...or maybe it's exactly that.
See this link and mouse over 'Heater Ducts'.

Most reactions

Back