Any Critisism is appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tdunn06

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I'm new to photography and got my first dslr (t2i). I've been trieng to get used to adjusting settings, and expecially the tediousness of post edits, (i use the program that came with camera, Digital Photo Pro). I have a few examples of my efforts, feel free to say anything you would like about them. Any input would be greatly appreciated. These are frpom a few different days and lens varied from 50 1.8 to 50-250 and of course the popular kit 18-55.

well there's too many to give you solid C&C .. better you choose one, or two that you'd really want feedback on. Overall though I like what I see, as a beginner you are doing very well and have an eye for composition, well ahead of many ;) You need to work on your understanding of exposure and it's application but that will come as you learn your equipment.

i agree with the above statement ^

but i think your first 3 are the best. I wish you had gotten closer to the flower/leaf so show the waterdrop and more detail. but its still very nice! the dog picture, the colors are great, i would suggest try getting a shot without the medal. In your third one i suggest you get closer take some of the unneeded stuff out. Like the wall but that stinks because i like how the tree looks in the image. also the sand is a distraction. focusing on the rocks, water and tht cloud looking thing would be better. (in my opinion of course)

but overall i think your at a great start :)

Its actually funny you say that because i have a picture exactly like yopu would like to see them. The first one i have a close up but i liked the pot and the way the water was almost rolling away from it so i used this, i have one of my dog withought the grillin exact same posture and position (hes big and doesnt like to move much) but i kind of liked they way he looked behind it, and then i agree the 3rd is a little distracting but i also liked the greens to the right.. maybe a longer exposer to mellow out the water would of been good but i was hand held. thanks though i appreciate it.. i really have no idea what im doing just giving as many styles a chance, i have some macro and some astro but i was only allowed to post 8 ha.

thanks you, in regards to expsure, do you think the waves crashing in the fog are a bit under exposed? and possibly the beach a little over? would you mind elaborating.. i know the pics could be better im trieng to figure out what adjustments to make.. thanks again for the input though

here's a few of what i meant.

Attachments

• $beach7.jpg
    $beach7.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 75
  • $y34.jpg
    $y34.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 59
the flower one got 100 times better. love this one!

Haya.H said:
the flower one got 100 times better. love this one!

Yeah I can see that it does look better, maybe even a little closer would be great too.. I had just got the 50 1.8 and wanted to see some bokeh haha but maybe even cropped a bit closer unwound look better

I'm new to photography and got my first dslr (t2i). I've been trieng to get used to adjusting settings, and expecially the tediousness of post edits, (i use the program that came with camera, Digital Photo Pro). I have a few examples of my efforts, feel free to say anything you would like about them. Any input would be greatly appreciated. These are frpom a few different days and lens varied from 50 1.8 to 50-250 and of course the popular kit 18-55.

Bryan Peterson's - Understanding Expouse: AWESOME BOOK!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back