Any Epson 2400 users here?

table1349

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Looking to upgrade my old photo printer. Leaving HP and moving up. The 2400 seems to have what I am looking for in a quality printer for a serious hobbiest. It is the cheapest model that uses the K3 inks and 13X19 is as big as I will normally print. I would like opinions from owners/users of this model.

I use a couple of 2200's and I agree, 13 X 19 is a size that most are happy with in a large print. Unless you specialize in extra large art prints, it will do 99% of your printing. anything larger I send out to Marathon. The 2400 has as you mentioned the K3 ink set and is a definite improvment in B&W quality over my 2200's. The work I have seen from them is stunning. They seem to be as durable or better than the 2200. I keep waiting untill one of mine gives up the goast to replace it with a 2400, but they keep plugging along. I don't think you can go wrong with any Epson printer. Especially the pro or upper end models. I am sure you will be very pleased with one.

Looking to upgrade my old photo printer. Leaving HP and moving up. The 2400 seems to have what I am looking for in a quality printer for a serious hobbiest. It is the cheapest model that uses the K3 inks and 13X19 is as big as I will normally print. I would like opinions from owners/users of this model.

I have it and LOVE the output. I print wedding portraits, landscapes (in colour & B&W) and many other subjects and this printer excels in every area.

There's two downsides though.

1. If you print on both Matte and Glossy/Lustre media you need to change the Photo/Matt blacks which leads to all the cartridges having to be charged (losing ink). I use the PhotoK mostly so not a big issue fopr me.

2. The size of the ink cartridges are pretty small and therefore pretty expensive. If you can make the jump, go for the 3800. Bigger prints and bigger/ and relatively cheaper ink cartridges.

I'm happy with the printer and have had no problems in my 1.5 years of use.

Cheers
Jim

I have it and LOVE the output. I print wedding portraits, landscapes (in colour & B&W) and many other subjects and this printer excels in every area.

There's two downsides though.

1. If you print on both Matte and Glossy/Lustre media you need to change the Photo/Matt blacks which leads to all the cartridges having to be charged (losing ink). I use the PhotoK mostly so not a big issue fopr me.

2. The size of the ink cartridges are pretty small and therefore pretty expensive. If you can make the jump, go for the 3800. Bigger prints and bigger/ and relatively cheaper ink cartridges.

I'm happy with the printer and have had no problems in my 1.5 years of use.

Cheers
Jim

I mostly print on Ilford Classic Pearl so it won't be to big of a bother. I looked at the 3800 but $60 a cartridge is pretty expensive for me considering that this printer is for personal use, not commercial and I don't print a lot, just what I want to display.

Thanks to those that gave feedback, I do believe that there is a 2400 in the very near future. (this weekend)

I mostly print on Ilford Classic Pearl so it won't be to big of a bother. I looked at the 3800 but $60 a cartridge is pretty expensive for me considering that this printer is for personal use, not commercial and I don't print a lot, just what I want to display.

Thanks to those that gave feedback, I do believe that there is a 2400 in the very near future. (this weekend)

Just be aware though that the Ilford "Classic" papers are made for Dye Ink printers and will not be suitable for the Epson R2400. You need to use the "Smooth" papers with pigment ink printers.

I use the Smooth Pearl (a great professional looking paper) and i have a box of the smooth gloss but have yet to try it.

regards cost, sure the initial outlay is more but when you print, the R3800 is far cheaper when it comes to ink. Print a few A3/A4 images and suddenly you need to fork out a few quid for ink..... then it's a regular expense and can be expensive....... I recover most back by selling prints so not too bad for me.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back