Any good or bad experiences with OPUS?

Opher

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey I have a to shoot 200 music and dance students and will be needing a nice lighting set. (i have a small on location battery one but it will not hold out for 400+ shots). So what i have found that is almost in my price range is the OPUS DELUXE OPL-H50088(2XH250) FLASH KIT. It has all the modifiers i will need and is just around what i am willing to spend.

Had anyone used them and have feed back on quality?
Thank you in advance.

I have exactly this kit and get a LOT of use out of it, most recently shooting almost two hundred participants at a 'Pet's with Santa' charity event; a total of around 1100 exposures and I had no problems whatsoever. Overall, the heads are excellent for the price ('though I wish they had fans), the stands are all right as long as you don't go above about 5-6' with the softbox/umbrella on (I've replaced mine with some nice Manfrotto 10' air-cushion ones), and the radio trigger is junk (works about 2 out 3 at best; it's the same one you see all over eBay for <$20).

Flash tubes are easily replaceable, as are the modeling lights and both are infinitely variable. The built-in optical slave works well except when it's exposed to bright sunlight on one side I found the umbrellas a little small and picked up some larger ones, but the quality of the supplied ones is fine.

Overall, for the price, I think they're an excellent kit.

thanks tirediron. I will probably try to borrow a bigger umbrella from the school and just wire the one light or use a trigger i already have. The shoot is not for a few months so i will keep my eye out for other gear but as it stands now thats probably what im going with.

Most reactions

Back