Any League Dart Throwers Out There?

kundalini

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've been throwing competitively since the early 90's. Although the league wasn't quite as deep back then, my first team got up to the A Division for one season, then fell back to B for a couple before I took a hiatus. My current team, which I joined in 2002(?) has always been in the lower G Division. After about five years, I took a hiatus and reconnected with them three seasons ago (there are two seasons within the calander year). We're all roughly the same age, like to win, but are happy to have a reason to go out and have a few beers and tell a few lies on a Wednesday night. We've always been in the top tiers of the division but just couldn't manage to pull it together towards the end of the season....... until now. We should have won out right because no other team came close to us in total points, but a disappointing loss in a tie-breaker with the eventual champions on the last match of the season kept the Win/Loss record favored to them.

I had a disastorous 301 singles season with an 0-6 record, but singles Cricket was better at 8-3. I prefer Cricket, can you tell? My doubles record for both game sets ended up with a total 11-6.

As the rules go, Champions and Runner-Ups move up a division and the bottom two teams fall back a division. So we're movin' on up!

Just wanted to toot my own horn.

Well done you! I used to play a LOT of darts many years ago; never played league darts, but a group of us used to have some pretty serious games... over which more than a few pints were wagered, won and lost.

I honestly had no idea that was a thing. Sounds cool though!

I did some amateur league stuff for a short while. Even made my own darts some 25 years ago. Weighted in the back with tungsten tips. Haven't sharpened them since I made them. ;)

rearloads.jpg

I still use them and play at a bar once in a while with friends or with my (8 and 10 year old) kids in the play room.

I've been throwing competitively since the early 90's. Although the league wasn't quite as deep back then, my first team got up to the A Division for one season, then fell back to B for a couple before I took a hiatus. My current team, which I joined in 2002(?) has always been in the lower G Division. After about five years, I took a hiatus and reconnected with them three seasons ago (there are two seasons within the calander year). We're all roughly the same age, like to win, but are happy to have a reason to go out and have a few beers and tell a few lies on a Wednesday night. We've always been in the top tiers of the division but just couldn't manage to pull it together towards the end of the season....... until now. We should have won out right because no other team came close to us in total points, but a disappointing loss in a tie-breaker with the eventual champions on the last match of the season kept the Win/Loss record favored to them.

I had a disastorous 301 singles season with an 0-6 record, but singles Cricket was better at 8-3. I prefer Cricket, can you tell? My doubles record for both game sets ended up with a total 11-6.

As the rules go, Champions and Runner-Ups move up a division and the bottom two teams fall back a division. So we're movin' on up!

Just wanted to toot my own horn.

toot away! :mrgreen:
i like to throw darts on occasion (and i'm not bad either toot toot!) but, didn't know there were LEAGUES for dart throwers!
:blush2:

Most reactions

Back