Any one in South Carolina?

I live in Rock Hill, SC. Just south of Charlotte, NC. Very lovely city.

I live in New York, should I be posting here? :>

Wow. I am in Rock Hill too. The area is a good base in my opinion for a decent amount of nature photography. It is easy to make day trips to mountains our beach. There are also a great number of events in Charlotte in you like people/cityscape photograpy. I am a hobbiest though and am not sure if it is great if you are looking for work in the field. Not even sure if the original poster is still looking in the area...

I'm in Barnwell, SC. Home of the Savannah River Site nuclear power plant.

RD

I live in Charlotte, just north of Fort Mill and Rock Hill in South Carolina. Wonderful places to see. There is a drought down here though so the lake pictures aren't too pretty.

The Catawba got hit badly by the drought and it went down like 3 feet!

The drought it pretty bad down here as well. The Savannah River at Augusta at full stage is like 21 ft. Right now it is at 3.9 ft.

RD

Not sure if anyone is interested, but if you are in the area, there is a bald eagle nest at Landsford Canal. I was there yesterday and saw two bald eagles fly by. Hopefully they are the owner's of the nest and will be there in the coming weeks.

Landsford Canal is on Highway 21, south of Rock Hill as you head for Fort Lawn / Lancaster.

If you want more specific directions, just ask.

Not sure if anyone is interested, but if you are in the area, there is a bald eagle nest at Landsford Canal. I was there yesterday and saw two bald eagles fly by. Hopefully they are the owner's of the nest and will be there in the coming weeks.

Landsford Canal is on Highway 21, south of Rock Hill as you head for Fort Lawn / Lancaster.

If you want more specific directions, just ask.

That sounds so awesome! Have you been to the raptor center in Huntersville? They have bald eagles as well as other birds of prey. They have all been injured and are unable to return to the wild. :(

I wonder if the eagles you saw are connected to the raptor center.

I have been to the Carolina Raptor Center that is in Latta Plantation. All of those eagles are unable to leave, though they have bred and the young eagles were released, so maybe these eagles at Landsford are some of their children.

It is possible. My daughter loves it there. She calls the bigger birds turkeys, lol.

Did you know they have a photo event soon? I'd have to find the flier again for details, but you can go and take pics of the birds.

I'd love to go, but it is $90.00. Ouch.

I live in Lancaster, SC which is close to Rock Hill, SC and Charlotte, NC.

LOL

I'm in Rock Hill!

I love it here. I grew up on a farm in (extreme) northern new york, and Rock Hill is awesome. :D

Wow. I am in Rock Hill too. The area is a good base in my opinion for a decent amount of nature photography. It is easy to make day trips to mountains our beach. There are also a great number of events in Charlotte in you like people/cityscape photograpy. I am a hobbiest though and am not sure if it is great if you are looking for work in the field. Not even sure if the original poster is still looking in the area...

:D Hello to you too.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back