Any online photography classes worth taking?

You're at a free online class right now. Many instructors and students from various levels of expertise ready to chime in at a moment's notice to assist you with becoming the best photographer you dare to be...

Really a pretty good answer. :)

A videographer friend approached me a while back to do an online photography class and because I have yet to see anything of the sort that I like, I agreed to shoot one video. Just to see.

We spent about a week's worth of time shooting it (in between jobs, of course) and I hated it as much as everything else I've seen so far. The main problem I have is that photo work is 3 dimensional while videos are 2 dimensional and it is very hard to truly convey what it is you are doing.

The video we shot was inspired by one posted here by KmH a while back that I liked but I thought could be better. Car related since that is mostly what I do these days. We tried a few different things. Mixes of videos, stills, drawing, etc but it still didn't work for me. The friend sat on a few shoots to watch us work and we haven't heard from him since...

Maybe he'll be back, maybe he won't. From my experience, I would say: get into a studio as an assistant and you will learn a lot more than you will through videos.

Creatlive Live is usually a great place for free workshops. The only thing is most of the free workshops they broadcast are during the weekdays. Seems like they've been cutting the amount of broadcasts this last year. Regardless, still a good resource for us folks.

Here's there calendar for next month: creativeLIVE | a live, worldwide creative classroom
This month is pretty much shot b/c of the holidays.

[h=3]January 2012[/h]
Next »

Setting Up a Home Studio with John Cornicello
Photography
9:00am - 4:00pm

Wedding Photography Weekend with Zach and Jody Gray
Photography

Photography

Photography

Tee said:
Just curious why you need to speed things up?

I want my pictures super sharp and the eyes to pop

Most reactions

Back