Laangers

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is one of four of my different coloured bursts. Check out my others on my album/gallery. I am looking for constructive criticism and ways which i can improve as a photographer.

Attachments

• edit 4.jpg
    edit 4.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 176
The original looked better than this; I think the title should inlcude specific reference to exactly WHAT this is, so every viewer knows that this is a water baloon being popped. I liked the one I saw earlier with the blue backdrop and the natural coloration.

The original looked better than this; I think the title should inlcude specific reference to exactly WHAT this is, so every viewer knows that this is a water baloon being popped. I liked the one I saw earlier with the blue backdrop and the natural coloration.

I like to keep the viewer guessing what my image is, giving them a chance to really analyse my work and gather their own thoughts and opinions, to me that is what photography is about, being able to look at an image and feel what you want to feel and imagine what you want to imagine, rather than being told exactly what the photograph is and what its about. But i do agree, the composure and shape of 'The Blue One' is a million times better than the others, but that's a matter of timing.

I like the blue one better as well.
The problem with asking for advice but not giving what you would like advice on it opens the advice up for things that maybe you won't change such as location or camera gear etc.

My advice on these shots is to move them away from the background about 5'. Tie the balloon to a string, this will remove the persons hands from the shot.

I like the blue one better as well.
The problem with asking for advice but not giving what you would like advice on it opens the advice up for things that maybe you won't change such as location or camera gear etc.

My advice on these shots is to move them away from the background about 5'. Tie the balloon to a string, this will remove the persons hands from the shot.

I actually did try hanging the balloon from string but the main problem was the weight of the water in the balloon could not be held by the string, therefore it would just snap and fall before I've even had time to take the shot! I've always tried editing out the hands on photoshop using the clone stamp tool and content aware fill but it just doesn't look right or realistic! Thanks for the advice though!

Try using the slightly smaller balloons made for water fights. They can be filled quite a bit and will be held by a string.
It's a project I'm waiting for warmer weather to try.

Pretty cool effect, no comments for ya on the photos.

How did you go about popping the balloons at the right time? I'd like to hear your process.

Pretty cool effect, no comments for ya on the photos.

How did you go about popping the balloons at the right time? I'd like to hear your process.

So I actually used a continuous shooting setting on the camera, and then it was a matter of just trial to time the sound of the shots to bursting the balloon. Of course, as you can imagine this was trial and error, I took about 300 photos and from them only produced 4 I was happy with, and of them 4 only one really amazes me! I got my girlfriend to pop the balloon with a pin, but from behind the balloon so the pin cannot be seen! Patience was key to success in this particular shoot! But it was great fun.

Try using the slightly smaller balloons made for water fights. They can be filled quite a bit and will be held by a string.
It's a project I'm waiting for warmer weather to try.
The only problem with a smaller balloon would be that there would not be a lot of pressure inside the balloon and therefore the burst will not be anywhere near as dramatic, I did try it a few times and just wasn't happy with the outcome!

Most reactions

Back