Any photographers on Facebook?

Hawaii Five-O

My alter-egos have been banned. :( Now I must be
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was checking to see if any of you all photographrers on here uses facebook?

If you would like to add me,
I'm Nathan Block, on the phoenix network. my profile pic is the one of the goofy guy with the goofy dog:lol:

You do know that any photographs you have posted on facebook are considered the property of facebook and as long as the images are on there, you forfeit all rights, correct?

You do know that any photographs you have posted on facebook are considered the property of facebook and as long as the images are on there, you forfeit all rights, correct?

Actually i didn't realise this.... but im not sure if im bothered or not, as far as i can tell they are saying they have the right to use the image for something while its displayed on thier site, but you are still the owner of the image, and once you remove it you take the right to use it with you.
I guess the reason im not sure im bothered is that there is only web optimized pics on my page, much like i post in here, and there is nothing to stop anyone using that low rez image if they want to.... i think id only be worried if facebook called me up and demanded a high rez version be sent to them!... or have i missed something?... im not really very good at small print.

Oh and RyanLilly, love the sig! :lol:

Send them a print to stick up their...

In reality though I doubt facebook will ever use the photos. In my profile there are hundreds of photos mostly taken by others of me with a beer in my hand looking like my usual ugly drunk self. If they want it they can have those LOL, but good luck sorting for the one good photo I actually posted in there.

Needle in a haystack sounds inappropriately easy by comparison.

I didn't know facebook took rights to posted pictures. But I doubt they would single me out and take my photos, and slap me in the face. They would be disappointed with the photos and eventually give them back haha.

even if you don't post photos , it would cool to have more facebook acquaintances. I could send you facebook crap !!! it would be fun* heheh:hugs:

* (statements guaranteeing fun are conditional here therefore)

I mainly post photos of me and candid photos of doing stuff, though I do post some of my good photos, sometimes.

if you have a watermark on your photo, you're fine. if they cropped it out and for some reason used it, you could probably nail em to the wall. but, i haven't read the terms of service, and don't post images on facebook to begin with.

does anyone know the logic facebook claims to have when stating they can use your images? i'm pretty sure a free profiling site doesn't have the power to void copyright laws..

I love Facebook. :) I have found so many people that I used to know, who I can now spy on...hehe

I didn't know facbook had a photography competition, I might have to check that out.

I love Facebook. :) I have found so many people that I used to know, who I can now spy on...hehe

A friend of a friend found her birth parents on there after finding someone who looked exactly like her from another city. Turned out to be her sister!

wow that is cool!

Most reactions

Back