any pointers

jacsul

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello,
Captured this the other morning, any pointers on how to make this better?
Thanks.
294-HDR.jpg

More clouds in the sky would have helped but that can't be changed. Unless you copy and paste the clouds in Photoshop, but I don't like that, and it doesn't look like these clouds would cooperate. Maybe make the water slightly lighter. What were you using as far as lens, camera, and filter (if applicable)?

Looks pretty good as-shown. It would also look good as a slightly wider aspect ratio print, with some of te bottom cropped off, and a bit of the sky cropped off.

Thanks, I thought it looked bland. A view from another perspective helps.:blushing:

Hello,
Thanks.
294-HDR.jpg
Some post processing would help. If you were trying to make an HDR (judging from the file name), you did good on the sky, but didn't have enough exposures and left the water a bit to dark.
I did some local mid-tone contrast adjustments, a bit of burn and dodge, a narrow black border. I also did a wider aspect ratio crop version.

294-HDR.jpg

294-HDRPano.jpg

Hello,
Thanks.
294-HDR.jpg
Some post processing would help. If you were trying to make an HDR (judging from the file name), you did good on the sky, but didn't have enough exposures and left the water a bit to dark.
I did some local mid-tone contrast adjustments, a bit of burn and dodge, a narrow black border. I also did a wider aspect ratio crop version.

294-HDR.jpg

294-HDRPano.jpg

I like the sea of your edit KmH, but the sky of jacsul's original! I'm not keen on the bleed of light from the sun into the sea (although it is there in the original, just not as strongly). I think it's that separation that I really like in this photo. Your crop is super-duper, though. I really liked the original image anyway. It must have a been a really clear day to separate the blue of the sea and the orange of the sky so vividly. Such a great shot.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back