Any pros familiar with Wilmington, NC?

jowensphoto

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have an inquiry for bridal portraits in Wilmington, NC (working on vacation, shame shame!). Obviously the beach would be a great place to shoot at the right time of day, but I don't know much else about the area. We'd do one location in addition to the beach. Can anyone recommend public places that would provide nice backgrounds for bridal photos?

The Battle Ship North Carolina is nice. The historic river district/Historic downtown is nice too. Just north of there is a place called Surf City, also very nice. Another cool spot would be Airlie Gardens near wrightsville beach.

Since I am not a pro I cannot share my vast Wilmington knowledge.

I should have known that was coming... unfortunately, I can't change the thread title. Please, oh wise one, impart your Wilmington knowledge upon me! :lmao:

I should have known that was coming... unfortunately, I can't change the thread title. Please, oh wise one, impart your Wilmington knowledge upon me! :lmao:

Sorry, you have offended my delicate sensibilities.

But I would have said to try to get some photos of the Henrietta 3. Big old riverboat. Also the piers and water front is very nice.

But I would have said to try to get some photos of the Henrietta 3. Big old riverboat. Also the piers and water front is very nice.

Knock that crap off, you're not a pro. :grumpy:

Knock that crap off, you're not a pro. :grumpy:

Oh and the cape fear memorial bridge!

*runs away*

Myrtle Beach is a bit farther than I'd like to travel for this - it's a relatively low cost shoot. For the same reason, I don't know if Airlie Gardens would be an option, but man, I would LOVE to shoot there some day. Like a wood nymph/fairy editorial like shoot. Gosh, beautiful.

I just googled some photos of Water Street in downtown Wilmington and I think that may be perfect! Several shots popped in my head :)

Myrtle Beach is a bit farther than I'd like to travel for this - it's a relatively low cost shoot. For the same reason, I don't know if Airlie Gardens would be an option, but man, I would LOVE to shoot there some day. Like a wood nymph/fairy editorial like shoot. Gosh, beautiful.

I just googled some photos of Water Street in downtown Wilmington and I think that may be perfect! Several shots popped in my head :)

Very cool, I hope you're able to post some of them.

I was there over the Easter weekend, staying accross the river from the battleship in the river district. From Fourth Street to the river (about the length of the Wilmington Dowtown Riverwalk) there is a lot of very cool architecture, alleyways, colors, food and people. This is particularly true on the southern end from around Market Street. I can't remember the name of the Mexican restaraunt, but they make excellent cocktails, try their Bloody Mary or Maria. Dock Street Oyster Bar had some of the best oysters I've ever had, harvested that morning at Topsail Island about an hour north. On Market Street, you'll find horse drawn carraige tours and there is also a trolley that circles the district. Of course, you'll find some decent photo op's along the riverwalk too. Almost forgot, be sure to check out the Cotton Exchange, you can access it from Fourth Street or Nutt Street.

I was there over the Easter weekend, staying accross the river from the battleship in the river district. From Fourth Street to the river (about the length of the Wilmington Dowtown Riverwalk) there is a lot of very cool architecture, alleyways, colors, food and people. This is particularly true on the southern end from around Market Street. I can't remember the name of the Mexican restaraunt, but they make excellent cocktails, try their Bloody Mary or Maria. Dock Street Oyster Bar had some of the best oysters I've ever had, harvested that morning at Topsail Island about an hour north. On Market Street, you'll find horse drawn carraige tours and there is also a trolley that circles the district. Of course, you'll find some decent photo op's along the riverwalk too. Almost forgot, be sure to check out the Cotton Exchange, you can access it from Fourth Street or Nutt Street.

We are staying with family, and we are all fans of Bloody Marys! So I'll have to mention that place and see if they know the one. Thanks for the tips!

There's a blue building that can be seen in some of the photos on the restaurant link; it's exactly where I planned on shooting anyway :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back