Website
500px.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ali.JPG
This was taken behind the stage.

The photo needs to show people's faces.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks to my old-fart eyes she's out of focus. The guy in the purple shirt on the left seems in focus.

Looks to my old-fart eyes she's out of focus. The guy in the purple shirt on the left seems in focus.
Hm, when I look at it I thought it was both in focus but shes just moving. Maybe he is in focus and I am crazy.

It could be motion blur, too. If so, a slightly faster shutter speed would have helped.

and it's tilted

looks like she's twirling as her arms have ghosted on either side, thus looks OOF. Her skirt definitely is twirling.

prob not best to be looking up her dress either in the photo. Need faces.

You really need to give an idea of equipment, settings and such for any possibility of meaningful suggestions.

Ali-cropped.jpg
This kind of shot is tricky...it's very much about gesture and body positioning. I think cropping off the two lights at the top and the back of the guy on the left helps...but this shot is really not great source material even for a heavy crop. Does this seem any better? The problem is the exact timing and body placement of the actors...not everything was optimal when the shutter captured the scene.

Here's the crop. The two boys in white shirts are the most annoying out of place details...

I agree with some of the other comments, - better to show some faces, faster shutter speed, no-tilt, focus, cropping, etc.

You really need to give an idea of equipment, settings and such for any possibility of meaningful suggestions.

Camera Maker: NIKON CORPORATION
Camera Model: NIKON D5100
Lens: 18.0-55.0 mm f/3.5-5.6
Image Date: 2015-12-10 07:20:37 (no TZ)
Focal Length: 24mm (35mm equivalent: 36mm)
Aperture: ƒ/5.0
Exposure Time: 0.025 s (1/40)
ISO equiv: 1000
Exposure Bias: -0.67 EV
Metering Mode: Matrix
Exposure: Manual
Exposure Mode: Manual
White Balance: Manual
Light Source: Incandescent
Flash Fired: No
Orientation: Normal
Color Space: sRGB
GPS Coordinate: undefined, undefined
Software: Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 6.1.1 (Macintosh)

I wouldn't mind not seeing the faces if there was dramatic and expressive body language. In order to capture the emotion of a moment, you need to capture the most intense millisecond. For instance, if you were photographing a yawn, you need to capture it at the height of the yawn, not when the mouth is halfway open or halfway closed.

In this photo, you attempted that by capturing a dramatic moment of the dress. But we want to see it in the people. Everyone is sort of halfway in between moments. There isn't any expression in their bodies. It's just a matter of being patient and recognizing that perfect climax of movement.

Most reactions

Back