Any way to print the negative prints?

tiltmode1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Ok so here's a story...I came back from a snowboarding trip today and I had brought up there a disposable Kodak camera and took tons of awesome pictures. Pictures I'll probably never be able to get again and so I got home and brought them to Walgreens for the one hour develop.

I come back in an hour and the girl behind the counter says there was something wrong with my pictures and they didn't print correctly. She showed me a sample of one and it was just brown, looked like an oversized print of a negative because I could still see the detail in them.

She didn't charge me, but I am officially mad because I wanted those pictures and those Walgreens people probably messed it up but said it was something wrong with my camera. My camera had nothing wrong with it, I didn't get any snow/water on it or anything and it was new.

So now all I have are the negative prints and an ugly sample picture. The negatives look like normal negatives...I can see details in the pictures, etc. Is there anything I can do with the negative prints to get the real pictures? I really want these...

Try taking the negatives into a different lab, preferably a real photo lab...and ask them to have a look. They may be able to tell you right away if they can save the photos...or at least they can try to make some prints for you.

I don't know much about those disposable cameras...but there's a chance that it was just too bright for the camera to handle. If that's the case, your film would be overexposed.

Scanning the negatives is basically what any lab will do...they are 99% digital nowadays. You could ask them to put the images on a CD for you and then try to save them yourself...if you have software like Photoshop.

It may be a bit expensive to get them all scanned...because they are probably cut up already. It's cheaper & easier to get them burned to CD when you take them in for developing....becuase the film is still in a strip. They only cut it up to give back to you.

A buddy of mine works for Kodak and does the servicing of those machines that walgreens, Cvs and all the others use. He has told me of that 9 times out of 10 if there is a problem with the machine or film getting messed up, its the tech fault. Like putting the wrong chemicals in and other dumb stuff. These people are usually way under trained, and since they are usually expected to wait on customers when the normal lines get busy it easy for them to mess things up. He has told me that with digital being the more common thing these days at these places that film gets messed up even more.

K

Thanks guys. I just brought it to another place and they said they can do it so I'm going to pick it up soon.

Yea when I brought it into Walgreens there was a guy there that took them...then when I came to pick them up, the same guy was there and was kind of stalling. He said they were still printing and that someone would come out and help me soon. Well then the girl came out and told me they were messed up.

Most reactions

Back