Any way to use Seagull right angle viewfinder on D90?

cascadesjohn

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have a Seagull 1x-2x right angle viewfinder which fit my old Nikon D80 fine. However, it doesn't fit the D90 that I have now. Does anyone know of an adaptor that would make this work on the D90? I'm trying to avoid laying down the big bucks for the Nikon right angle viewer. Thanks.

Did the viewfinder come with a series of adaptors for different viewfinders? Some of the 3rd party ones do and you might find one of the other adaptors might fit your camera body.

The D80 and D90 have the same viewfinder sizing. The Seagull viewfinder is a universal one that uses an adapter to fit the specific camera, have to made sure when you took it off the D80 that the adapter came off with it? It the adapter is still on the D80 it wouldn't fit the D90 on it's own.

I'll bet there was an adaptor that I left on the D80 when I sold it. Sounds like something I would do. Never thought about that. Darn.

I'll bet there was an adaptor that I left on the D80 when I sold it. Sounds like something I would do. Never thought about that. Darn.

The company will probably send you a replacement for a couple of dollars if the buyer won't give it back to you.

Most reactions

Back