Anybody else see this bundle from Nikon and go.. Huh?

TheLost

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
https://support.nikonusa.com/ci/documents/view/1/AvMa~wqLDv8S~xb~Gv84~yLKR90qtDj7Wg3UUz7~Pv8d

Scroll down to the D610 bundle..

D610 All-in-one Travel Bundle
24-85mm VR Lens Kit Camera Body
4GB SanDisk Class 10 SD Card
SB-300 AF Speedlight
AF-S DX NIKKOR 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR
D-SLR Pro Messenger Bag — Large
EN-EL15 Rechargeable Li-ion Battery
D610, D600 Extended Service Coverage (2 Years)

Why are they including a DX lens with a FX system? Don't you think this confuses people more?

From Thom Hogan's review of the lens Nikkor 55-300mm DX Lens Review by Thom Hogan , he writes:

"Yeah, I know you FX users are going to ask a question, so I've got an answer for you: not really. At 50-70mm there's clear clipping in the corners, which becomes extremely visible image circle limitation from 70-150mm. From 200-300mm the frame is full (both at close focus and infinity), but you'll get some increased vignetting. So I guess in a pinch you could use it at the far telephoto end on an FX body, but why don't you just get the 70-300mm VR instead?"

I suspect that many D610 users will shoot this lens in DX Crop mode, so they will have a 110mm-600mm equivalent field of view in 135-format terms. But if not, they will get full, FX-sized frame coverage from 200mm to 300mm with corner vignetting.

https://support.nikonusa.com/ci/documents/view/1/AvMa~wqLDv8S~xb~Gv84~yLKR90qtDj7Wg3UUz7~Pv8d

Scroll down to the D610 bundle..

D610 All-in-one Travel Bundle
24-85mm VR Lens Kit Camera Body
4GB SanDisk Class 10 SD Card
SB-300 AF Speedlight
AF-S DX NIKKOR 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR
D-SLR Pro Messenger Bag — Large
EN-EL15 Rechargeable Li-ion Battery
D610, D600 Extended Service Coverage (2 Years)

Why are they including a DX lens with a FX system? Don't you think this confuses people more?

Just a wild stab but my guess is these happen to be all the items they are overstocked on at the moment.

Looks like a Nikon garage sale to me !

As the article Derrel linked to points out, some DX lens come close to or at longer focal lemgths do project an image circle big enough to illuminate an FX image sensor

It is also why Nikon FX cameras have a menu option to disable the auto DX detect function that only uses the APS-C size middle portion of the FX image sensor.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back