Anybody ever deal with Cowboy Studios?

kassad

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I just received a lightstand, umbrella, and umbrella adapter I order from Cowboy Studios through Amazon.
Amazon.com: CowboyStudio Strobist Kit Photography Photo Studio Flash Mount Umbrellas Kit: Camera & Photo

The umbrella adapter doesn't match the one shown. In fact as I look closer at their picture there are a couple of diffferent adapters in the pictures. The one I received doesn't have a removable coldshoe. My plan was to set aside the cold shoe and attach the adapter for my Sony flash to the 1/4-20 theaded bolt. Also in the future I planned on getting some cheap radio transmitters. Most of the receivers have 1/4-20 sockets for attaching to an lightstand.

I emailed Cowboy Studios they responded by asking for pictures of what I received. I have sent them the pictures and am now waiting for a second response.

I wish I could buy localy but the only camera shop within 50 miles didn't know what an umbrella adapter was. The owner kept pushing me towards his continuse light setups. :meh:

I'm hoping Cowboy Studios will fix the situation. Though now I'm a little leary about ordering from them in the future.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Yup, ordered the same umbrella kit, got the adapter with the red dial on the side. Not the one in the main picture. Doesn't bother me b/c they work fine. I've also sent them emails and got responses back within a day or so, not too bad. I'll definitely purchase from them again though.

Thank you for the images. We will get the correct mount shipped today via USPS tracking # #########.

Thanks,
Cowboystudio.com

Well now I'm impressed.

Yeah, I never had any issues with their customer service.

Congrats.

Just got my umbrella kit from them last week and I had a good experience with them. Set all my stuff up last night and used it - worked fine. I put it all together without any instructions and this is my first lighting purchased so happy about that. I would order from them again!

I just received a lightstand, umbrella, and umbrella adapter I order from Cowboy Studios through Amazon.
Amazon.com: CowboyStudio Strobist Kit Photography Photo Studio Flash Mount Umbrellas Kit: Camera & Photo

The umbrella adapter doesn't match the one shown. In fact as I look closer at their picture there are a couple of diffferent adapters in the pictures. The one I received doesn't have a removable coldshoe. My plan was to set aside the cold shoe and attach the adapter for my Sony flash to the 1/4-20 theaded bolt. Also in the future I planned on getting some cheap radio transmitters. Most of the receivers have 1/4-20 sockets for attaching to an lightstand.

I emailed Cowboy Studios they responded by asking for pictures of what I received. I have sent them the pictures and am now waiting for a second response.

I wish I could buy localy but the only camera shop within 50 miles didn't know what an umbrella adapter was. The owner kept pushing me towards his continuse light setups. :meh:

I'm hoping Cowboy Studios will fix the situation. Though now I'm a little leary about ordering from them in the future.

I have gotten almost my entire studio set up from them. I love them. The only problem I ever had was when I got a wireless flash trigger system, one wasn't working, they overnighted a new one to me. Their shipping is fast, and I have never had a problem with their customer service. I am a fan! :D

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I recently got a couple of light stands, flash mount / umbrella adapters and some umbrellas from them. Everything seemed top notch for the price you pay, and works as it should. I wouldn't hesitate to get more of their products, especially the light stands. They're quite light, and sturdy for the price, and you can always add cheap weights for extra stability. I like that they are light enough not to discourage me from taking a stand w/ me.

Most reactions

Back