Anybody here into architecture photography?

nmasters

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
500px.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am very interested in architecture and love photographing the work of talented architects.
So I went for a walk around town.
This is my first time doing architecture photography.
These are the best IMO. How did I do?
C&C is welcome.

DSC_0112 by nico418, on Flickr

DSC_0043 by nico418, on Flickr

DSC_0029 by nico418, on Flickr

Bonus.
Just had to include this one ;)

DSC_0022 by nico418, on Flickr

Clone out the wire in #3. I'd also rotate the photo .5 degrees counter clockwise to align the little tower in the back.

I wish I could get that wire out, but unfortunately I don't have photoshop yet. I assume this isn't possible to do in Aperture? That's all I have for now.

check out gimp it is free and you can do most stuff unil you get photoshop (though i personally like gimp better)

as for the pictures i really like them especcially the on of the bridge (#3) though i think it would look better in color (dependingon the color of the bridge) if it was red it would look really good but if it were say yellow i can deffinitlly understand putting it in black and white

#1 seems kinda warm... Maybe I just need to recalibrate my monitor. #2 All that empty sky is taking away from the picture... Would've been much better if you did an HDR shot. Not bad though. #3 I think this one is the best, but like creisinger said, the wire is definitely taking away from the photo. #4 When you cut something off like you did to the three in the sign it really bring attention to the edge, and it makes your photo feel more like a 2D picture rather than a window into another world. Good choice background on it though... Nothing cluttered or annoying.
Great first shoot though.

Out of curiosity, what lens and aperture where you shooting with? The EXIF data didn't seem to show it

#1 seems kinda warm... Maybe I just need to recalibrate my monitor. #2 All that empty sky is taking away from the picture... Would've been much better if you did an HDR shot. Not bad though. #3 I think this one is the best, but like creisinger said, the wire is definitely taking away from the photo. #4 When you cut something off like you did to the three in the sign it really bring attention to the edge, and it makes your photo feel more like a 2D picture rather than a window into another world. Good choice background on it though... Nothing cluttered or annoying.
Great first shoot though.

Out of curiosity, what lens and aperture where you shooting with? The EXIF data didn't seem to show it

#1 is warm because I used a Hoya 85 orange filter. I liked it, because it brought out the orange-ish color of the building, but it made the sky grey unfortunately.
I use Mamiya-Sekor C-type manuel lenses that were made for the Mamiya 645 MF film camera. I have an adapter that allows me to use them on my Nikon D5100. I used the 80mm and the 55mm on this shoot and various apertures.

I will return to the same places tomorrow to give these another go! ;)

By the way, I noticed you've got a pretty hot computer; that thing bust be blazing fast!

Love the lines in number 3, the eyes have a natural way of following them, great shot. Number 4 has that classic/vintage look to it, definetly feeling the b&w.

Great Job.

PictureBox said:
Love the lines in number 3, the eyes have a natural way of following them, great shot. Number 4 has that classic/vintage look to it, definetly feeling the b&w.

Great Job.

'preciate it PictureBox!

#1 is warm because I used a Hoya 85 orange filter. I liked it, because it brought out the orange-ish color of the building, but it made the sky grey unfortunately.
I use Mamiya-Sekor C-type manuel lenses that were made for the Mamiya 645 MF film camera. I have an adapter that allows me to use them on my Nikon D5100. I used the 80mm and the 55mm on this shoot and various apertures.

I will return to the same places tomorrow to give these another go! ;)

By the way, I noticed you've got a pretty hot computer; that thing bust be blazing fast!

Okay, I just was just making sure that was by choice and not a white balance error!

I thought you must've had some sort of old lens on it but I was a little confused because new Nikons fit all the old lenses... But the Mamiya definitely makes sense :)

And yes, I do love this computer! It's crazy fast. And even when I have 5 or 6 Adobe programs open, speed is not an issue!

I wish I could get that wire out, but unfortunately I don't have photoshop yet. I assume this isn't possible to do in Aperture? That's all I have for now.
This is easily done in Aperture using the clone tool. I find Aperture good for about 90% of what I need and use Photoshop only for very big/tricky things. I've used Gimp, and while decent, it can't compare to Aperture or Photoshop. You already have Aperture, so just focus on learning how to use it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back