Anyone a Computer Wiz?

Were I in your situation (virus/spyware, IE broken), I'd reinstall the operating system and start from scratch. But, that's not an option for most people (if you have to ask, etc, etc).

I agree with doing a reinstall. Malware these days are pretty nasty and can even turn off your anti-virus programs. The only way to know that you really got it out is to wipe clean and reinstall everything. If you copy/save any data (like your e-mail and documents), install your anti-virus software and do a full system scan right after install before doing anything else.

Well I do have Ad-aware and it didn't catch it. Not even on safe mode. Nothing I have is catching it. Maxthon is the shizzle wizzle and I've used it for a while. So does my cousin and I follow him because he knows a lot about computers. IE doesn't work on our computer right now for some reason. I never used IE because it wasn't all up to date and stuff. And <3 tabbed browsers. (I know IE has them now)

We got it off. I don't know how..but I just noticed. :) I think it was Norton.

formatting is the only way to get rid of all infection on your computer. Make sure to save what you can because it's gone once you format your C drive.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back