Anyone at TPF use the Nikon GP-1 GPS attachment?

nerwin

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
nickerwin.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just was curious if anyone has used this attachment on their camera and if it's worth having? I see them used on eBay for pretty cheap.

The question is not Do you need this attachment? The question is " Do you need exact locations on each photo you take? If you're doing real estate lot/home shots it could be useful.
If you want to be able to go back to the same spot to take similar photos it could be useful.
Lots of ways identifying the exact location of a shot, especially nature photography, would be useful.
I have GPS built into a D5300 and rarely turn it on but it's nice to have when I need it.
The last time I turned it on was when I had a bunch of lots to shoot in the wilds of Rainbow Lake Estates where only 10% of the lots had ever been built on and every lots pretty much looked the same.

The question is not Do you need this attachment? The question is " Do you need exact locations on each photo you take? If you're doing real estate lot/home shots it could be useful.
If you want to be able to go back to the same spot to take similar photos it could be useful.
Lots of ways identifying the exact location of a shot, especially nature photography, would be useful.
I have GPS built into a D5300 and rarely turn it on but it's nice to have when I need it.
The last time I turned it on was when I had a bunch of lots to shoot in the wilds of Rainbow Lake Estates where only 10% of the lots had ever been built on and every lots pretty much looked the same.

I don't really need it, but just thought that would be neat to see the exact location on Lightroom's map module.

But I have a feeling that the D750 replacement could have GPS built in anyways.

My Android phone offers precise GPS tagging of images...built right in...and it's a cheap phone...

Most reactions

Back