Anyone else addicted?

Mach0

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I know it's a catchy title but I'm almost sure I'm gonna be in the dog house if I buy more camera gear lol....
Anyone else that likes shopping for new stuff?

I've only got a few lenses but every time I get paid, I'm buying something lol.... This week it's monolights.

Easy to get addicted to buying stuff. One day we have to ask the question of...do we have enough stuff? If so, we then have to start using our gear and stop aquiring more gear.

Easy to get addicted to buying stuff. One day we have to ask the question of...do we have enough stuff? If so, we then have to start using our gear and stop aquiring more gear.

My gear gets a work out

My girlfriend has no say in what I spend.. although sometimes she rolls her eyes a good bit! lol! So, yea.... I have GAS! (Gear Aquisition Syndrome!)

I used to like window shopping on ebay/amazon for lens, but I always wait for a looooooooooooong time before I decide. The logic is, if I wait long enough and find that I don't really want it, then I really don't need to spend the money. In the case for my D700, I waited for 3 years, and I still felt I wanted one:)

The thing is items such as the high end glass doesn't appreciate.

Sometimes I've sold lenses for more used, as was the case with my 11-16 Tokina when I went full frame. The lens went up in price while I was holding it. It paid me to rent it!

And if i sold my 24-70 or 70-200 today I'd lose less than if i rented them for a week.

cgipson1 said:
My girlfriend has no say in what I spend.. although sometimes she rolls her eyes a good bit! lol! So, yea.... I have GAS! (Gear Aquisition Syndrome!)

Hahaha. As long as our mortgage is paid and everything is all set, I'm good. She doesn't have a say so but she does have the annoyed look lol. Hell, when she wants stuff for the house I get it lol. Home improvement $ > camera gear $$

2WheelPhoto said:
The thing is items such as the high end glass doesn't appreciate.

Sometimes I've sold lenses for more used, as was the case with my 11-16 Tokina when I went full frame. The lens went up in price while I was holding it. It paid me to rent it!

And if i sold my 24-70 or 70-200 today I'd lose less than if i rented them for a week.

I want some more glass.... Right now I'm having fun with lighting lol.

All of us are - comes with the territory. No matter how much you have, there's something you don't have that would come in handy, if only once in a while. My policy is that when I get a bonus at work, a small part goes to whatever I have my eye on. Fortunately, I don't crave expensive Canon L lenses.

What lenses do you have now Mach0? And what Monolights are you looking at purchasing?

o hey tyler said:
What lenses do you have now Mach0? And what Monolights are you looking at purchasing?

I'm placing the order for a flashpoint ii 320 tonight along with a octobox..

I still have a few flashes that I will use along with it.
I plan on getting the 620 and another 320 as well.

Lenses- I have only 3. 18-55, 55-200, and 35 1.8.... The 55-200 stays on most of the time unless I'm indoors at a party or get together. I barely use the 18-55.. I was thinking of the tamron 28-75, 17( 8)-50( sigma or tamron), and the 50 1.8... I can't decide lol. Only thing that stopped me from grabbing a 35-70 and a 80-200 locally is that my camera won't AF with them......

Ah I see. I've heard great things about the Tammy 28-75. For some reason I thought you shot Canon haha.

The 28-75 WILL focus on your camera? For some reason I didn't think the Nikon version had a focus motor in it. I'd probably hop on the 17-55mm if I were shooting a crop body still.

o hey tyler said:
Ah I see. I've heard great things about the Tammy 28-75. For some reason I thought you shot Canon haha.

The 28-75 WILL focus on your camera? For some reason I didn't think the Nikon version had a focus motor in it. I'd probably hop on the 17-55mm if I were shooting a crop body still.

I didn't look... Good pointer lol. I'll check it out later. I think the 17-55 will give me more flexibility. I might just snag that and the 50. I just can't make my mind up for which one first.

Most reactions

Back