Anyone else ever done this?

Actor

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Needing film, the only thing the store had was disposable cameras. So I buy the disposable, break it open, salvage the 35mm cartridge and load it in my SLR.

I had to buy two. I ruined the first one because I did not realize the film in disposables winds "into" the cartridge, not "out" of it. :grumpy:

Never done that - I probably would have ruined both of them. :lol:

Film is so cheap online, your choices are vast - try places like B&H or Freestyle online - links are here on TPF. Buy several rolls at a time and keep them in the fridge until you're ready to use them (allowing an hour to get to room temperature before loading in your camera).

In Toronto there's always a shopper's drug mart nearby no matter where you are in the GTA, that is open til 12 am or even 24 hrs. So I can't say that I've had your problem! I too would probably have ruined both of them hahaha.

Never done that - I probably would have ruined both of them. :lol:

Film is so cheap online, your choices are vast - try places like B&H or Freestyle online - links are here on TPF. Buy several rolls at a time and keep them in the fridge until you're ready to use them (allowing an hour to get to room temperature before loading in your camera).

We were on vacation and the wife and daughter wanted to get on down the road, no time to shop around. Before leaving I had estimated that we would need film for 1000 frames to really get all the pictures we wanted but my wife talked me out of buying that much film. But we kept running out. We'd buy a few rolls at a time from one place or the other as we traveled. In the end my estimate of 1000 frames was pretty close.
:lol:

Most reactions

Back