Anyone else having trouble with TPF site

And the other issue seems to be Chrome. I switched over to Edge, and other than a little slower than usual, I don't have any of the crazy cursor issues.

Guess it's time to uninstall and reinstall Chrome, for the 2nd time this year, or else dump it entirely.
Do you happen to have Cox as you provider and if so do you have one of their Netgear gateways (dual modem/wifi router)? If so that may be the problem. Apparently they sent out a faulty firmware update in the last couple of days that is causing problems. Oops. Fortunately I use the Motorola and they haven't screwed that one up, yet.

Occasional problems here as well, but normally it's because the site is completely down early in the morning.

Ads cause me no problems because I block them ALL with Adblock Plus and Ghostery. I also block all the trackers and widgets and most of the JavaScript that this site tries to load for no reason (most anything on here from Google, Facebook, etc.) as well as all avatars and other "Stuff" that I don't want to see.

For the record, Ghostery is reporting 3 advertising sites, 1 analytics site (Google), and 3 widgets/social media/video player sites loading junk on this particular page.

No problems with the site, just a couple of the users. :801: :biglaugh:

Uhh, 6 have reported issues on this thread alone. However, it appears that there are several things causing problems (at least in my case) from WAN issues to Chrome issues.

Do you happen to have Cox as you provider

Nope ATT Uverse. Have a fiber optic interface box about a mile away.

Hopefully they fully test their firmware updates before they send them out. I have always maintained my own equipment instead of renting. Cox may be spending a lot of time to fix this one. Not sure if their firmware fopaux just needs a new update or if it hosed a bunch of routers. Either way I'm guessing they are going to be a bit busy fixing this. :biggrin-93:

Good little site to check if you are experiencing a slow internet. https://www.akamai.com/us/en/soluti.../visualizing-akamai/real-time-web-monitor.jsp
Very little information is there as far as finding the data route to the server and the hops and data loss at each junction. It's more of a visual map and barely ever changes. You will see changes there over a period of years however, but for diagnosing internet communications problems in real time, windows tracert and ping are the best tools for the job.
View attachment 129355

It's not a trace route site, it is a world map showing where ongoing internet attacks are occurring in real time.

Maybe you would like this one better. It has pretty animation. Norse Attack Map
Isn't much help unless the server you are trying to access is under attack, but it doesn't even list the servers, just a huge area.

Yep that 1Ghz speed means that 11 out of 10 gamers prefer Cox.

@SCraig out of curiosity I installed the Adblock extension on Chrome. Wow what a difference. This page loads quick now, no more cursor craziness either. I realize that ads are what pay for the site, but when the junk becomes a hindrance to the site, then maybe that's to much. Sense there's no thing as a free lunch, I just suscribed as a supporter.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back