Anyone ever heard of them?

Rapala46

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
rapala46.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Has anyone ever heard of these guys? New York Cameras and Electronics?

they are advertising a Rebel XT body for 423.00 brand new....i find it sketchy

also...if you buy it with the kit lens...its 823.00...hm...

Haven't checked them out but they sound like the typical rip-off artists.
Look them up under: http://www.resellerratings.com
My advice is stick to the well known and reliable guys like B&H, Adorama, Freestyle etc. and don't forget to use the link from TPF when placing your order, that way the forum gets credit for it.
HTH
Sid

There are a lot of small shady fly by night companies that sell online out of NYC. They all "sell" cameras for way less than anyone else. When you go to order one they will try to sell you a bunch or WAY overpriced stuff to go along with it in a package deal. Most of it is 3rd party after market stuff that you don't need and can buy for WAY less elsewhere.

If you don't buy the "package deals" they will then tell you that your item is out of stock and will be back ordered. A week later you will a call from them saying that they got some more in, only it is your camera as part of another package, and that is all they have in stock. They will keep playing this game until you buy the package or drop the order.

There was a thread around here recently that had a link that showed the stores in NYC and Brooklyn...lets just say I wouldn't buy stuff from them. Some guy bought a canon 5d from one of those companies and it made big news in the blog circles because the owner was threatening into buy a ton of overpriced extras.

Ok, i wont buy it. I was in the market for a Canon Rebel Body only (not the XT), but i saw that and was a bit puzzled. I think i am going to buy the 6MP one from B&H...thanks

Rapala46 said:
Ok, i wont buy it. I was in the market for a Canon Rebel Body only (not the XT), but i saw that and was a bit puzzled. I think i am going to buy the 6MP one from B&H...thanks

Don't forget to use the B&H link at the bottom of the TPF pages!

Most reactions

Back