anyone ever use this company? great price for a certain camera

They are also known as Thunder Cameras. They have an "F" from the BBB.

Customer Complaints Summary: 149 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 27 closed in last 12 months

Advertising/Sales Issues 83
Billing/Collection Issues 4
Delivery Issues 15
Guarantee/Warranty Issues 2
Problems with Product/Service 45
Total Closed Complaints 149

Additional Complaint Information

Complaints to the Bureau indicate that this firm uses high pressures sales tactics after consumers place their orders. After ordering merchandise consumers report receiving a phone call from the firm’s customer representatives attempting to sell additional items. Representatives allegedly try to persuade consumers to buy the U.S. warranty, as well as accessories like batteries, peripherals, and software, or lead consumers to believe the product will not work if additional merchandise is not purchased. In some cases, if the consumers declined, they were advised or forced to cancel their orders because the item was on back-order despite being listed as available on the firm’s website.

Customer Complaints Summary: 149 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 27 closed in last 12 months

Advertising/Sales Issues
Billing/Collection Issues
Delivery Issues
Guarantee/Warranty Issues
Problems with Product/Service
Total Closed Complaints

Complaints to the Bureau indicate that this firm uses high pressures sales tactics after consumers place their orders. After ordering merchandise consumers report receiving a phone call from the firm’s customer representatives attempting to sell additional items. Representatives allegedly try to persuade consumers to buy the U.S. warranty, as well as accessories like batteries, peripherals, and software, or lead consumers to believe the product will not work if additional merchandise is not purchased. In some cases, if the consumers declined, they were advised or forced to cancel their orders because the item was on back-order despite being listed as available on the firm’s website.

Good homework Cericola.

I despise companies like this.

To me, it's simple: If you are an "F" with the BBB you should be shut down.

All the more reason to support your local Brick-n-Mortar Camera Store.

Advertising/Sales Issues 83
Billing/Collection Issues 4
Delivery Issues 15
Guarantee/Warranty Issues 2
Problems with Product/Service 45
Total Closed Complaints 149

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

All the more reason to support your local Brick-n-Mortar Camera Store.

I might buy accessories from brick and mortar store because I can touch and feel the equipment before purchase. But why would I want to pay $300-500 more dollars to for camera body + lense when there are crazy good deals flying around the internet all the time?

Today, Get it Digital had the 7D + 18-135mm for 1299 shipped.

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

They only had 100, but still... that is $400 less dollars out of my pocket then if I bought it retail.

We live in a digital world and B&M stores often can't compete. That being said, I might buy accessories (tripods/bags/flashes/etc) but even then i would still shop the same product online first.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Theoretically you are supposed to report the amount you are saving from not paying sales tax when you buy it online. Almost nobody does it though. This is why buying it online is cheaper... no tax and free shipping!

Or if you live in Oregon you don't pay sales tax on anything.

......But why would I want to pay $300-500 more dollars to for camera body + lense when there are crazy good deals flying around the internet all the time?........

1. Ever have a warranty issue?

I have. Took the camera in the next day, and walked out with a new body. MORE than worth the $50 extra the B&M store charges.

2. Had a corrupt memory card a couple weeks ago. No problem.... I got a new one. Worth every one of the $12 more I paid for it.

3. My local B&M store recommends me to others who do not have the ability or the equipment to do what I do.......that money in MY pocket. Let's see some warehouse in Taiwan pull that one off!

4. If I buy from an on-line store, I'm just an account number. I prefer to spend my money at a store where they know, when I walk into the store, my first name and what I have for gear.

5. My local B&M has hired me to do electrical work, since they known I'm an electrician. Can your on-line store do that?

......But why would I want to pay $300-500 more dollars to for camera body + lense when there are crazy good deals flying around the internet all the time?........

1. Ever have a warranty issue?

I have. Took the camera in the next day, and walked out with a new body. MORE than worth the $50 extra the B&M store charges.

2. Had a corrupt memory card a couple weeks ago. No problem.... I got a new one. Worth every one of the $12 more I paid for it.

3. My local B&M store recommends me to others who do not have the ability or the equipment to do what I do.......that money in MY pocket. Let's see some warehouse in Taiwan pull that one off!

4. If I buy from an on-line store, I'm just an account number. I prefer to spend my money at a store where they know, when I walk into the store, my first name and what I have for gear.

5. My local B&M has hired me to do electrical work, since they known I'm an electrician. Can your on-line store do that?

You desire a business relationship with the store your buy from which is fine. It sounds like you have a good one. Not everyone requires that type of relationship.

I personally only care about two things:

Best Price ($500 saved is $500 towards a better lense)
Reputation of seller (authorized seller, good customer reviews, etc.)

The convenience of a walk-in trades for malfunctioning equipment is not going to be the same at all B&M stores. A lot of times this can be a hassle. It sounds like your store is very good about that type of thing, but it really is different from store to store since B&M's are often mom & pops shops with different rules and operating procedures.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back