Anyone ever work for a P.I. ?

ottor

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Small town, so not too much to compare to... May be working as needed for our local Private Inestgtr, taking pictures as needed.. (Work Comp fraud, etc..) Other than charging mileage, any other suggestions as to how I would base my fee on? Probably hourly, as in a rural area, there's not too much close that I could just 'jaunt on down' and take a picture of.. Most would be out of the immediate area, so I'd be spending some time doing this.. He's also a personal friend of mine, and I'm tempted to just ask him what he'd pay, but would certianly like some opinions so what is offered isn't unreasonable..

Thanks,

Rick the "Dick" .... :D

first find out how much they charge their clients...
If they are only charging the client likes of $100 an hour.. there is no use in you saying you want $80 an hour as they then only make $20...
However if they charge likes of $500 an hour, Feel free to request £200 for your time (per hour) although that is possibly a bit high, I would stick to $80 - 150

just charge your time and rights to examine your photos :) (

I have worked for lawyers. Technical excellence is more important than anything else and of course getting the shot. The question is do you have the appropriate equipment necessary such as fast telephoto lenses and a camera that can shoot at a high ISO with minimal noise. Do you have the instincts to know where to shoot from and how to plan your shots? This type of shooting is different.

If you know how to approach it and are confident that you will produce good images then I would charge accordingly, based on time and the technical quality of your shots.

skieur

Most reactions

New Topics

Back