anyone good with flash?

notelliot

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
not the speedlights.

i need to create new web page. i have dreamweaver, illustrator, and flash from CS3, all i need now is some sort of guide.

if anyone could point me toward a decent tutorial or guide, i'd appreciate it. thanks!

Why?????? I understand that Flash is "cool" and you get great effects, neat transitions, blah, blah, blah, BUT it's also bandwidth intensive, and blocked by a lot of networks.

Personally, if I get one of those time-consuming Flash intros on a website, there's about a 99.9% chance that I'm not even going to look at it.

Why not go with a simple, light-weight pure HTML website? Loads quickly, accessible to everyone, and it can be just as impressive if you do it well.

Just my $00.02 worth - your opinion may vary.

photoshop and lightroom have built in flash and html gallery creators. just create a nice, simple front page, then create galleries based on different subjects or topics and link to them.

it would take much more than a guide or tutorial to learn how to make a nice-looking flash web page

www.ndesign-studio.com/ from here to loads of other places. I have used css and html for the site and have had lightroom generate a third-party gallery for me. Making a gallery like this is not easy in flash and is not easy to make it efficient.

My advise is use some falsh elements if you need but general content would be best left in html using a css based site. Easy to do and easy to maintain.

For me flash is usefull for now. But in the future I will start using PHP and an SQL database. Fast simple and can be made to look very nice.

Also remember that in flash you can't make images as searchable as you can with HTML PHP. Which means when you have done all the google webmaster stuff.

Good luck...

check out www.flashkit.com

and if you have any specific questions, feel free to PM me, and i'll do my best to answer them.:D

thanks for the input guys. friend of mine recommended this one w3schools, which is very detailed. i still have no idea what i'm doing though :lol:

notelliot: as a web developer myself I must disuade you from using Flash to make an entire site.

It is bandwidth intensive for some people, requires a special player, has usability and accessability issues associated with it...

A clean, lightweight (X)HTML/CSS site is something you'd be much better off with.

notelliot: as a web developer myself I must disuade you from using Flash to make an entire site.

It is bandwidth intensive for some people, requires a special player, has usability and accessability issues associated with it...

A clean, lightweight (X)HTML/CSS site is something you'd be much better off with.

+1,000,000.

Most reactions

Back