Anyone have good ISS shots to share?

Oh YEAH!!!! Well get your butt over to my house and explain to my wife why I need to buy an expensive telescope so I can get into another expensive hobby! FYI. Come armed or wearing armor. :biglaugh:
The telescope doesn't cost any more than a good camera maker's 70-2000 f/2.8 lens - $2200.
The telescope with a quality equatorial GOTO computerized mount is only $3100 - which is actually a very reasonable price since the mount by itself is a $1400 item.

Oh YEAH!!!! Well get your butt over to my house and explain to my wife why I need to buy an expensive telescope so I can get into another expensive hobby! FYI. Come armed or wearing armor. :biglaugh:
The telescope doesn't cost any more than a good camera maker's 70-2000 f/2.8 lens - $2200.
The telescope with a quality equatorial GOTO computerized mount is only $3100 - which is actually a very reasonable price since the mount by itself is a $1400 item.
Ok, I want to see this 70-2000 f2.8 for $2200.00. :biglaugh: Talk about a large focal range.

Lest ye forget, I own a 200mm f2, 300mm f2.8 & 400mm f2.8. She would kill me if I got into another hobby that I could sink money into.

Hmm.

Pricey, pricey toys.

Just to get a picture of the ISS thats a few pixels wide.

Yeah, they're cheap.
I have an previous model of this ==> Meade LX200-ACF 12"/305mm Catadioptric Telescope 1210-60-03

It's 3048mm
This summer I'm going to use my 2x camera adapter with it and see how that goes.
This is what I was looking at a while back.
CGEM - 1100 Computerized Telescope [item # 11099]

Didn't need it then. A friend of mine was in charge of the local public observatory. It recently got shut down so now it,s a whole lot tougher.
Nice.

I nearly bought the 14 inch version instead of my 12". Except it was just so darn heavy and I needed some sort of portability that wouldn't kill my back irregardless of wheeled cases (which can cost over $1,000 on their own).

It probably didn't help my cause when my wife and I were in the local science store a while back and I happen to take a gander at this little baby. I looked at the telescope, she look at the price tag.
LX200-ACF 16" with Super Giant Field Tripod

I was just curious. In the animal world curiosity may kill the cat. In the human world curiosity can kill the hobby.

It probably didn't help my cause when my wife and I were in the local science store a while back and I happen to take a gander at this little baby. I looked at the telescope, she look at the price tag.
LX200-ACF 16" with Super Giant Field Tripod

I was just curious. In the animal world curiosity may kill the cat. In the human world curiosity can kill the hobby.
The tripod itself is 50 lbs.

I'm just going to wait until the space station is built up big enough that I can take a picture of it with my 300mm lens...forget it, just checked and from where I am it only is visible for 1 minute and very low.

I'm just going to wait until the space station is built up big enough that I can take a picture of it with my 300mm lens...forget it, just checked and from where I am it only is visible for 1 minute and very low.
Maybe, If you wait long enough, and position yourself correctly, you may be able to take a photo of it as it reenters the earth's atmosphere like SkyLab did back in 1979.

I have a 16 inch Mead that my neighbor and I bought together and then he moved leaving me the scope as he had lost interest.

I have a 16 inch Mead that my neighbor and I bought together and then he moved leaving me the scope as he had lost interest.

Shoulda gone halvsies on a Ferrari or a Lambo.

Not interested in those. And if we had, he would have ended up with them for half price. lol

Most reactions

New Topics

Back