Anyone have Sirius Radio????? ****READ***

oldnavy170

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just bought Sirius Radio for my fiance for Christmas. I also bought him a three month subscription along with the actual radio.

Does anyone have Sirius and what do you think of it? I am curious to hear what others think about it.

I had XM and LOVED it. We had to cut it out of the budget when my husband lost his job. It was great to be able to have no commercials and pick any number of stations that had just the music you were in the mood for. The only reason we went with XM over Sirius was because of the XM Kids station.

My buddy at work has it and it's great. We stream that or kexp.org. It's odd/funny though because they have relaxed (or non-existent?) FCC regulations, so the dj's drop the F-bomb a lot, I don't know why. Left of Center has good tunes...I hope you enjoy it!

I know he's always wanted it but never wanted to pay a monthly fee for it. I figured that if I prepaid 3 months and he likes it he will keep it and if he doesn't like it then he can just sell his radio on Ebay. :)

Keep the comments coming.....

My spanish teacher has it and we listen to it on her laptop a lot during class! I think it is well worth the money!

I've had it for a year. I love it. You can stream it over the net or have the unit on. Streaming it is slightly less quality though it's not a big deal if you're running it through PC speakers. So in effect you have 2 subscriptions for the price of one. I have a second subscrition for a friend & we split the cost. He gets a seperate login that can only listen to music and not change account settings. They have a ton of stations. I tend to listen to a station based on my mood. Few commercials on music stations but a normal amount on the talk ones, especially the comedy one. As for XM vs. Sirus it's kinda even. XM is more music with less talk where Sirius has DJ's that are actually entertaining. Jason Ellis on Faction is the best. If you got to Sirius.com or XM.com the both offer 3 day listen passes. Could be good to try it.

I dont have it but on a trip this summer we listened to 6 straight hours of "area 33". I think that was the name of it... but anyway it was wild techno and the songs blend so the ends and beginnings were hard to notice. Long story short it was cool and passed time very well.

XM does have a better audio compression algorythm than does Sirius, but unless you're listening to it on full range loudspeakers, you'll never notice.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back