anyone hear or use...

wysoczanski

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Wix.com?

im not a crazy photographer like some people on this forum (no offense) with intricate pictures but i do like taking some and well...showing them off may i say. So my brother found wix.com and was like make a website and throw some of your picturs up and i did....any1 else hear or use this website???

PS the only reason im using it is cause its free and in the form of a website. :D

please drop by and leave a comment or Two about how it looks

Wix.com - Website built by wysoczanski based on Blank Website

thanks for reading

o and btw anyone looking to amke a free website i recommend using wix.com it is free and quite easy to use

i haven't heard of it before..there's quite a choice these days! it presents your pictures in a direct way with a simple interface...that's good. i like the font you use for your page ID.

I know a few people that use them, They pay the very small fee to have a direct URL, and no ads. I think its like $15 a year. From what I have seen, it is a very easy to use interface for creating a site. The only downside is that its a flash only site so it sucks when you are browsing on a phone. But I have seen some very good looking sites created with Wix.

Yup, another Wix user here (free one). Does me fine for now. I've been really pleased with it and the interface for building the sites is easy and pretty intuitive.

Feel free to take a look if you like:

Jack Fitzsimons Photography

Hey! Not too bad! I see you're a D1 shooter. There's a good book called "The D1 Generation," by Moose Peterson and another fellow. I got a copy back when my D1 was the shiz-nit,and it has some very valuable tips. One of them was using a baseline outdoor white balance of Cloudy and Minus 3 or "Cloudy -3" on the back panel. That was Moose's main WB setting outdoors. ALso, the D1 is vastly best in .NEF mode. The camera's Tone Curve setting ought to be left at Normal most all of the time, unless you're shooting in fog or really,really flat diffused lighting. ISO 200 is by far the best ISO setting. If you leave the Tone Curve in AUTO mode, it can often result in images that are very flat-looking: NORMAL is usually the best, IMHO.

The custom function settings of the D1 are numerically based, so Moose's cheat sheet is pretty helpful, on how to best configure the D1 with all those numerical choices.

Also, the Medium JPEG out of the D1 is pretty good....it seems to look just wonderful. It's also a good camera with an Infrared filter. And it is a super B&W camera. Re-conditioning the batteries twice in a row can make them last a lot longer than they otherwise will.

thanks darrel i did buy the buy the book and i think its very helpful...i just have one question what do you mean by conditioning the battery?

Most reactions

Back