Reaction score
Website
www.outsidetherainbow.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well, if the specs are as they've been rumored to be:

ScreenShot2012-01-26at84414PM.png

Is there anyone here who will buy one?

If so, will you be getting the rumored $3k version with the AA filter, or the $4k AA filter-less version? Why?

Any idea how miserable the diffraction is going to be? What's the cap on something like this? F/5.6?

Thanks!
Mark

No. I don't want a 36MP sensor no matter who the mfg is.

there's already a long running thread on this same subject but yeah I'm waiting to see the real deal before I decide on this or another D700.

Sure. I already pre-ordered it.

Then was told it is not yet in stock.

Kidding... I would like to upgrade if the price is right.

there's already a long running thread on this same subject but yeah I'm waiting to see the real deal before I decide on this or another D700.

I didn't see the other thread. But, out of curiosity, why is it hard to choose between the D800 and D700? They seem like they're going to be for two completely different purposes..

Mark

Well I might be mistaken but I haven't heard any more than rumors. What is your opinion on the two different purposes?

Yeah..rumors. That's why I asked "If the specs are as they're rumored to be..."

36MP -> Not-so-good ISO performance (supposed) +Studio + Landscape + potential for wildlife in DX mode
12MP -> Great low-light performance + Weddings + Events + PJ + Sports

Mark

you are basing it's ISO performance on pixle count on the same sized sensor but I have a feeling that the D800's ISO performance will match or be an improvement over the D700's. That's the reason why I'm waiting...:)

I know. That's why I said "supposed". I can't see Nikon releasing an updated camera with worse ISO performance than its predecessor. I think it will AT LEAST match the D700. So, that's why I asked you, out of curiosity, why you would get the D800 over the D700 based on the rumored specs.

Mark

ahh, well your original post doesn't include a rumor stating the ISO performance would be any less than the D700's or I guess I just don't believe that it's performance would be less. I'd buy it if it's performance is better, as I expect it to me, it's improved RGB sensor and larger viewfinder coverage.

If this camera isn't as I expect it to be I will just find a nice cheap lightly used D700...

Any idea of the diffraction limit of a sensor this dense? If it's as low as everyone is saying it will be, perhaps that's why they have supposedly removed the AA filter in one version..to make up for diffraction.

Mark

I'll wait and see what it is like after it comes out. I might be interested.

Most reactions

Back