Anyone here ever try model mayhem

I'm on MM and have had reasonably good luck with it. Don't get me wrong, I've had my share of email exchanges which led nowhere, but I've never had a model flake on me the day of the shoot.

I almost exclusively shoot TF with MM models, but if you're worried about flaking you can always pay for a more professional model. Many are willing to offer lower rates for someone who is just building a portfolio (compared with wanting a commercial model release). They'll have references you can check and know what they're doing in front of the camera.

I'm on there and it works fine for me, I get to try out new lighting techniques and equipment and they get a CD of images they can use as they wish. Just don't get carried away with promising a bunch of images , just like a model that needs headshots etc. 4-6 worked images is fair depending on your experience. Right away ask for a contact # etc. if they give the cell phone # they are serious about getting a shoot done. If you have to chat back and forth on MM trying to convince folks , move on.

-
Shoot well, Joe

Most reactions

Back