Anyone here have another HOBBY?

I have been known to dabble.
guitar, computers, reading, philosophy, metal art, writing, kayaking, hiking, rock climbing, inventing ( as odd as that sounds i really enjoy coming up with an idea and then just going out and making it), movie making (from writing to editing), audio engineering, sculpting (mostly clay), stop-motion animation, blacksmithing, armour making, and i am sure i have forgotten a few things.

I like to keep myself a very busy person. As they say "Idle hands are the devil's tools"

No offense, but some of the responses haven't been very interesting.
--"What are your hobbies?"
--"I _____."

I probably started this trend with my own answer, so I'll try to fix it.

I've found:
Dante's Peak
6 Great American Short Stories
The Autobiography of Malcolm X
The Narrative of The Life of Frederick Douglass
Much Ado About Nothing
The Catcher In The Rye
Les Miserables
The Huntchback of Notre Dame
Memoirs of A Geisha
The Lord of the Rings The Two Towers and The Return of The King
for probably less than $4 total.

And I don't just collect them, I read these books, too.:D

i like skateboarding and baseball. I also draw sometimes too.

ah. sorry for double post. my computer freaked out. i thought one didn't go through

My main hobby is raising orchids. I do photography as a second hobby. I work with computers (web design mostly) I really love gardening and have several pets. :)

Cheers!

Absolutely. I'm a cop by trade in the midwest. Nice weather it is photography. When it gets really cold it is off to the wood shop I go. This winters project is a wooden plate film camera, tripod and good old fashion flash pan.

Computers...I'm a techno-whore...If it exists, I have to have it...

Pro Audio...nothing makes me happier than great sounding audio gear...

and my career...well that has a lot to do with Pro Audio. I'm in school for clarinet performance and Recording Arts

I follow a minor league NASCAR series that runs primarily in the northeast, writing articles and stuff for my http://www.EastSeries.com website

Also I'm a car person with the screaming yellow Tiburon seen in the automotive thread as well as a derelict '71 MGB that's been in storage for the last five years waiting for me to get a house and some time to fix the little things it needs to be safe and legal (one of these days....)

Me and the missus have three black Pugs and think the world of these little dogs as well.

I'm sure there's other stuff even less interesting to the general public but those are the biggies.

Metalwork - I have a workshop in my garage. I make all sorts of things. I use jusk steel which I get donated from local fabrication companies - I just sort of walk in and ask if I can help myself to some of their scrap - I have never had a 'no'! It's amasing!

I make plant holders, cactii pots, ash trays, lights, whatever comes to mind. I think photography is still my first love though.

Herre is a picture of a plant pot I made.....

CactiiPot.jpg

GreyArea said:
Metalwork - I have a workshop in my garage. I make all sorts of things. I use jusk steel which I get donated from local fabrication companies - I just sort of walk in and ask if I can help myself to some of their scrap - I have never had a 'no'! It's amasing!

That's great, GreyArea!

Do you ever combine your 2 hobbies...constructing something that you can use for photography (like a case for when you take your camera on trips)?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back