Anyone here use a ultrawide curved monitor?

Haha nice, what size your monitor?

I want to say it's 28" or 32" I cant remember. just make sure you get IPS.

it's 4K UHD or whatever.

3840 pixels × 2160

whoops, 2160p.

it's 4K UHD or whatever.

3840 pixels × 2160

whoops, 2160p.

Well damn, you must have better eyes than I do. Things would look way too small for me liking.

it's 4K UHD or whatever.

3840 pixels × 2160

whoops, 2160p.

Well damn, you must have better eyes than I do. Things would look way too small for me liking.

just make the icons and text normal sized. Looks totally normal in that regard. have you ever seen a Mac retina display? same thing.

Hmm. I don't know. I'm still learning toward 1440, I think it would be better for me and still allows me to play my games at native res.

I don't understand that comment. I run my games at full res and "ultra" settings...

R9 390. it aint shabby.

Last edited:
I'm just using a 1060 6GB SSC.

So I went ahead and made a decision and purchased the Dell U2717D which is a 27" 1440p.

Dell UltraSharp 27 InfinityEdge Monitor: U2717D | Dell United States

Yep, it's not 4k. Don't care. 1440p is all I need. 4k is something that I might upgrade to at a later point when I find it's necessary. I've been happy with my 1920x1200p monitor for years now and having this 2560x1440p at 27" will be a HUGE upgrade for me.

From what little videos and reviews there are, everyone says the color is just outstanding. It's really hard to get a monitor for me because I do multiple of different things besides photography so I really wanted a good all arounder.

What I got should be more than good enough for what I need it for, I don't do any professional printing or publications so I didn't see the point in spending that $200 on the UP2716D for 100% Adobe RGB that I'll never use. It has better calibration and color specifications than the monitor I am currently using now so either way it's going to be better. I'm not supercritical when it comes to calibrations, I just wanna be close enough. A little variation isn't that big of deal to me.

So just hoping I get a good quality panel first time around like I did with my current monitor. I'll give y'all an update next week.

If for some reason this one doesn't meet my expectations, I'll either sent it back and get a replacement and try my luck again OR I'll get a refund and get the next model up which could bring a whole new set of possible issues due to the RGB LED backlight where a number of people said there is bad color uniformity.

One thing that I've learned from reading negative reviews, some people just don't know exactly what they are doing and therefore they give it a 1 star when the monitor is perfectly fine or they get a bad monitor the first time and refuse to exchange it for another and gives it a 1 star.

Buy anything, especially monitors, comes risk of getting a faulty or less than perfect copy. That's the nature of the beast unfortunately. Major of these issues seem to have happened a year or several months ago when Dell by now could have possibly made a revision model that could've fixed previous reviewer issues.

Last edited:
So I got the monitor and everything is perfect. No dead pixels or weird discoloration. Minimal backlight bleeding, nothing to worry about...just the typical IPS panel. The colors are perfect, it's a pretty big improvement over my previous monitor. I'm actually seeing proper colors for once, especially with gradients. Really enjoying the 1440p resolution, I don't see any reason to go 4k at the moment. 27" is perfect for me, especially at the distance I sit. What I really like though is editing photos in Lightroom, everything is SO much more sharp and more detailed. Pictures are also I think 40 percent bigger which is huge. It's the largest monitor I ever owned. Love seeing my photos on it and processing them, makes it fun again!

I also purchased an aftermarket monitor stand to eliminate the bulk Dell stand it looks so awesome and also pushes the monitor a little further away so its not so close to my eyes. Those extra couple inches makes a BIG difference for me.

As usual, I gotta share a picture!

Erwin-180104-17516.jpg

I haven't yet decided if I'm going to get a wireless keyboard or not. But it works for now. I might get a different mouse pad maybe something more compact I don't need it this wide but I'll see.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back